perhaps I am the devil in heels

stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:01 am
stilltfez wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:37 am
Pjmm wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:18 am

I've done it. I didn't have to do it often. I've also taken away controllers because ds was getting addicted. In this case given the kid is seventeen I'd let him take whatever punishment the school gives him for tardiness. In my day it was in school suspension. But that fight was unnecessary.and op didn't help matters.
I lucked out, my kids didn't have cell phones, WI-fi or even pagers (I'm that old) but I knew when they were not listening or disrespectful it was my job as Mom to rein them in. So I'd get 'em where it hurt. My younger lost the power cords to his game systems, my oldest lost the use of the phone. They learned early on that rules were for following, disrespect was not allowed and good behavior was rewarded. OP's son was disrespectful to both parents and disobeyed. I think Dad should have kept his cool but obviously there was no backup for Dad in the situation and the teen took advantage.
And given the op's situation, assuming it's real, I don't blame him. He is in an unstable situation and nearly an adult. And here I am getting sucked in. I said I really didn't want to and now I have to eat my words.
I do too so never assume you're alone. I hate train wreck posts because to me there's something wrong with deliberately setting yourself up to get critiques you won't listen to ever. But like w/ Linda, I tend to want to help. I'm 99% sure my words go unnoticed because I think OP likes the negative attention, but just in case that 1% gets through...
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Actually a lot of this is your fault.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Lol, I guess this is the kind of stuff someone can expect when the only quality they look for in a partner is "makes decent money".
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:43 am Rather than remind you of the choices you've willfully made and their effect on the children, I'm going to ask you instead: what plan do you have to fix your life? you have had the time to make a life plan, what have you decided? maybe I can help you clarify and start it.
Good luck.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:26 am
stilltfez wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:43 am Rather than remind you of the choices you've willfully made and their effect on the children, I'm going to ask you instead: what plan do you have to fix your life? you have had the time to make a life plan, what have you decided? maybe I can help you clarify and start it.
Good luck.
LOL
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

You need professional help. You are nuts.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:55 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:54 am
Pjmm wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:50 am

I guess you're right. I've nothing to say except it makes not one bit of sense. Why would he leave his house and not return? Never mind I'm not sure I even want to know.
I don't know why he isn't returning or answering his phone
Have you not called the police?
No he's a grown man and he left willingly
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:22 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:05 am
agander2017 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:54 am So, wait... your ex is now homeless, and you are staying in his house? How does that work? Why didn't you leave instead of kicking him out of his own house?
According to her, she owns the house and rents it to him in exchange for her not having to pay child support for her kids. He also pays all the bills and pays her to pay his bills. If she left, she would have nowhere to go, plus she can't just take the two sons because he has custody of them.

On the off chance this is real, she is the queen of one sided stories. There have been too many times that she has told stories that make her look like the angel while everyone else is just horrid, until she posts a text or other detail that shows the truth of the situation. Her son just went through a emotionally traumatic experience, the father of her two kids who has raised them full time until right now is missing after having an out of character behavioral change, and she's on here all just talking about herself and how everything is about her even though she says she did nothing wrong, and subtly dropping that she got what people said she couldn't have and now has all the kids.
Those screen shots are straight up manipulation. I case you didn’t see it (I bet you did)
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:57 am I feel like I really don’t know enough about the situation to fully comment. I’ll be honest, I don’t follow your life like it’s a soap opera. From what I HAVE read, you seem to have security issues that play a huge part in how you handle situations, the choices you make, and how you response to those in your life, but I could be wrong, that’s just how your vent posts come across to me.

Idk if your the devil in heals. I don’t know you, but based on my impression of you, I’d say probably not. More like it’s all part of the security thing. The reason you left your SO is irrelevant to me. You always seem unhappy and like you are settling for being unhappy by staying with him. Again, I can only base this on what you’ve said.

As far as the ex, has he physically gone after ds before? It sounds like things got extremely heated, whether this is common between them or been an eventual escalation matters.
No he's never gone after our son. My ex is a gentle soul, in fact I believe he is not stern enough with the children or anyone else in his life.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

That's what I want to know, too. What prompted her to finally leave and go live with her EX?
Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:09 am I want to hear the long story about why you left SO
Locked Previous topicNext topic