If a really close friend died recently...

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:03 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:26 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:07 pm
I got that. I just dont feel there is a viable excuse to exploit a dead friend's remains.
You are far more forgiving than I to be able to excuse it due to an online stranger (or 12) not believing you.
I guess, I am not "in-the-know" of exploiting vs. honoring the dead? People post grave-sites on online, *shrugs* People post pictures of deceased loved ones online...a photo of an urn of ashes, idk, she's not selling them, ruining them, speaking ill of them -- I feel those are the things that would exploit the dead.

I know this is a s/o post, and I don't know the details of who, you and others are are accusing of trolling. But mean people have driven people to post all sorts of crazy things, child's school, medication or legal document with censored information.

It's not "forgiving", it is really about understanding the psychology how some people feel with one or 14 people attack their character and call them liars. It's human nature to want to defend oneself. I've never met one person in real life or on the internet, that enjoys being wrong and called out publicly, in front of others repeatedly. Sure most people have self-control and walk away, some don't have those skills or are pushed to the point their skills are no longer effective.
Why shouldn't we be calling out a known troll? I guess you missed or ignored my comment about all her recent troll posts.
I apologize, as I said, I don't the details or information enough to know the troll theory of this one, lol, and honestly, I don't feel like reading that much background, lol. I am just speaking in general...but I get what you are saying, I think -- "if the person is truly lying, why isn't it OK to repeatedly call them a liar, troll and other point out other degrading character traits?" I don't have the answer for that, but I suppose after a while, to me, it just seems sort of mean to me, to constantly verbally attack a person online, given the possibility that they have known compulsory lying or mental health issues.

I get how others might feel different.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

No
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:57 pm & was cremated, would you offer to show her ashes to a bunch of online strangers in order to show she died?
Well when my husband died I figured y’all would think I was lying so I contacted skip and sent her the paper work regarding his cremation along with some other identifying information so that if anyone called troll she could ‘set the record straight’

I need the support, the outlet to process the hell I was going through

So while I have no opinion on the TH nurse thing I will say that we each grieve differently and I won’t call troll because she was willing to show the urn.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

If posting a pic of the urn helps her to feel as if she's proved she's not lying, so be it. I'm a big believer that we all do what we have to do to get by. And I definitely agree with MonkeySeeMonkeyDo. We all grieve differently. And I'm certainly not going to be the one to judge someone on how they do.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would never keep anyone's ashes.

I also don't go around trying to call out trolls. I don't take this site seriously enough to care whether someone is telling a true story or making it up. IMO, the person who tries too hard to call out a troll is more pitiful than the person being a troll in the first place.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe you aren't a reliable source.
When my SO died, one of his FB friends that was also in game went around in the game to tell people my SO died. None of them believed him because he was kind of like the Lena of Dust 514.
When another more notable player searched and found my SO's obit, no one question him when he made a formal game announcement in forum.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:55 pm Maybe you aren't a reliable source.
When my SO died, one of his FB friends that was also in game went around in the game to tell people my SO died. None of them believed him because he was kind of like the Lena of Dust 514.
When another more notable player searched and found my SO's obit, no one question him when he made a formal game announcement in forum.
LOL!!!
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No but I'd not have their ashes anyway.
i want candy!
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:57 pm & was cremated, would you offer to show her ashes to a bunch of online strangers in order to show she died?
Well, anyone could go out and buy an urn and take pictures of it and claim it was for someone they claim had passed. I can't imagine being so desperate to prove something to strangers. Sad.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

My biscotti jar looks like an urn. Anyone want to borrow that to prove they have someone's ashes? It looks very authentic, I tell you!

But in all seriousness, I agree. I think it's sad that someone would feel the need to prove something like this to a random stranger on the internet. I enjoy interacting with many of the women on this site. But I don't care if they believe what I tell them or if they don't.
Diamepphyre wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:33 pm
Well, anyone could go out and buy an urn and take pictures of it and claim it was for someone they claim had passed. I can't imagine being so desperate to prove something to strangers. Sad.
Locked Previous topicNext topic