Email refutes Pompeo's accusations

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

you mean to tell me one of only people who have managed to stick around longer than 20 minutes in the lyingest presidential administration in American history is also a shameless and unrepentant liar? holy shit i did Nazi that coming.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I guess Secretary Special Snowflake was worried another mean NPR lady journalist would dare ask him questions and turn the trip that includes a country he claims Americans don’t care about into less of a safe space, so they kicked her off.

Deleted User 1511

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:06 pm I guess Secretary Special Snowflake was worried another mean NPR lady journalist would dare ask him questions and turn the trip that includes a country he claims Americans don’t care about into less of a safe space, so they kicked her off.

He's planning for a presidential run in 2024.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I just wonder when reading this how many conflicts with the media were had in other administrations that didn't become a big story and people claiming "libel" as they opine. The only reason why anyone is paying any attention to this at all is because of the insane microscope that this administration is under, that every single breath is picked apart and dissected as nauseam.

None of us were in the room. None of us know what his discussion was with her in person, subsequent to the email exchange, before they began. People do speak in person. And ... WHO CARES? He had a terse exchange with a reporter. So what? What does that prove? I'm sure there have been many such similar instances in many administrations.

Someone on this board actually called into question his fitness for SOS based on going off on this reporter yesterday. WHAT? LOL

Does anyone ever really think about these positions that are taken, getting so incensed over something like this, and realize how ridiculous they are? Does anyone ever think how insignificant an argument with a reporter is in the grand scheme of things?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:28 pm I just wonder when reading this how many conflicts with the media were had in other administrations that didn't become a big story and people claiming "libel" as they opine. The only reason why anyone is paying any attention to this at all is because of the insane microscope that this administration is under, that every single breath is picked apart and dissected as nauseam.

None of us were in the room. None of us know what his discussion was with her in person, subsequent to the email exchange, before they began. People do speak in person. And ... WHO CARES? He had a terse exchange with a reporter. So what? What does that prove? I'm sure there have been many such similar instances in many administrations.

Someone on this board actually called into question his fitness for SOS based on going off on this reporter yesterday. WHAT? LOL

Does anyone ever really think about these positions that are taken, getting so incensed over something like this, and realize how ridiculous they are? Does anyone ever think how insignificant an argument with a reporter is in the grand scheme of things?
If they are going to these lengths to lie about "insignificant" things, them how can we trust these people to tell us the truth about the big ones. Even if you are a fan of this administration, you can't deny that they, right on up to and especially POTUS himself, have been less than honest about almost everything, so why people continue to offer them the benefit of the doubt is absolutely beyond me.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The twisting and spinning you will do to defend this administration is almost impressive. Yesterday your assumption was that he was truthful and she was lying, now there’s proof that he was the one lying and it’s all who cares, we weren’t there, this administration is over-scrutinized, you’re ridiculous... And I bet you’ll call yourself a moderate and deny the shameless partisan hackery at every opportunity you encounter. Amazing.
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:28 pm I just wonder when reading this how many conflicts with the media were had in other administrations that didn't become a big story and people claiming "libel" as they opine. The only reason why anyone is paying any attention to this at all is because of the insane microscope that this administration is under, that every single breath is picked apart and dissected as nauseam.

Deleted User 1511

Unread post

Is this the stance you feel comfortable taking? Of course the administration lies but it's only about unimportant shit so no biggy?

ETA: I didn't call into question Pompeo's fitness for SecState but I now do. What triggered him was the question of why he didn't support his ambassador (Yovanovitch). His lack of support of career diplomats and his lack of support of solid, long standing diplomatic missions has brought moral of Dept. of State to an all time low. We are seeing a brain-drain in our diplomatic service that we haven't seen since McCarthy and it is going to take an entire generation+ to recover.

Also, "Who F***ing cares about Ukraine" is a pretty broad reaching lack of diplomacy. Of course the US does (or at least should) care about Ukraine geopolitically and defensively when it comes to NATO. While the typical American might not understand, the Department of State certainly does.

Thirdly, one of the main missions of US diplomacy abroad is to support a free press. When our Sec. State lies to the press, bars the press, and/or claims the press is itself lying damages the free press message. Pompeo stated:

"It is no wonder that the American people distrust many in the media when they so consistently demonstrate their agenda and their absence of integrity."

Yet he is the one who has been proved to have lack of integrity and honesty, not Kelly. The fact that you or any other person would defend him is telling of this administration and its followers. As long as our bank accounts feel good, the lying, cheating, stealing, whoring, and a little bit of extortion in this administration is okay?
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Like Tulsi Gabbard and HRC?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:54 pm
Be Best!
Locked Previous topicNext topic