Doomsday preppers.

mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wait... there's people hoarding food and soap and bandaids for the afterlife??

How very ancient Egyptian of them.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:24 pm I can understand people prepping for disasters, storing food, water and storing medical supplies, when they believe this life is all there is. But when they truly an deeply believe that there is a spectacular afterlife waiting for them when this life has ended, why would they try so hard to hold onto this life? When they say they believe in a God that promises to supply them with all their needs, wouldn't years of obsessive doomsday prepping be evidence of having a lack of faith?
I don't get it either. Who in their right mind wants to survive 'end times'. I'd find some way to kill myself painlessly if I managed to survive the end of the world.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:24 pm I can understand people prepping for disasters, storing food, water and storing medical supplies, when they believe this life is all there is. But when they truly an deeply believe that there is a spectacular afterlife waiting for them when this life has ended, why would they try so hard to hold onto this life? When they say they believe in a God that promises to supply them with all their needs, wouldn't years of obsessive doomsday prepping be evidence of having a lack of faith?
I know a fair number of doomsday preppers - some are religious and some aren't. The ones who aren't just want to survive kind of indefinitely. The ones who are just want to survive until the rapture. My DH and I are just glad that we know where their bug outs are so we're good whatever happens.
Lol. And what makes you think you won't end up being 'dinner' when things get really tough and they're down to that last can of beans?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:16 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:32 pm
I know a fair number of doomsday preppers - some are religious and some aren't. The ones who aren't just want to survive kind of indefinitely. The ones who are just want to survive until the rapture. My DH and I are just glad that we know where their bug outs are so we're good whatever happens.
Lol. And what makes you think you won't end up being 'dinner' when things get really tough and they're down to that last can of beans?
you're right. But we are in Virginia and a woman from New York bought the property next to us and stuck a large shed on it. She visits annually to fill her shed with MREs and other supplies. DH and I sit on our porch and muse that if the zombies come, we've got a stash in our front yard.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Many Christians believe this life is a gift meant to be appreciated. There's nothing wrong with wanting to live as long as possible.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not at all. Just because you have faith and know you will go to an afterlife doesn't mean you want to throw away the one you have now. That's silly.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

"Everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die" - a very old man
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Those that are faithful believe that our life is a gift from
G-d. As such, they went to treasure it and preserve it, as well as their family's lives, as you would any meaningful, cherished gift.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:15 pm
I don't get it either. Who in their right mind wants to survive 'end times'. I'd find some way to kill myself painlessly if I managed to survive the end of the world.
I have it worked it with my best friend that she'll take me out. I'll never leave my dad behind and he's 79, so it's not like he can run and hide and play survivalist. He'd be toast. So rather than us go through the horrors, we're just going on my terms.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Joseph had faith in God and stored 7 years of grain to save Egypt....
Locked Previous topicNext topic