Tax season is almost upon us!

KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Turbo Tax. It’s easy, and takes about 20 minutes since info is saved from each year.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hopefully we will owe or get little to nothing. My husband does our taxes, he is good at it, so usually it goes the way we want.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ugh, do not remind me. I hate our tax bill. We have a CPA that does ours.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I do ours using credit karma. Our taxes are pretty simple.
However I'm waiting for the total blowup when my sil does my nephew's taxes and realize they owe thousands she has assured them they won't have to pay. Should be interesting.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

We have someone do our taxes every year.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have been doing my husband's and my taxes for ever. We used H&R Block once and I didn't like what they would not allow. My return is a personal and business return. I have been using Genutax for years with penny perfect results when the notice of assessments came back.

I have done a few estate returns; now those are challenging!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:25 pm Ugh, do not remind me. I hate our tax bill. We have a CPA that does ours.
Have you ever tried a tax program?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:55 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:25 pm Ugh, do not remind me. I hate our tax bill. We have a CPA that does ours.
No, my DH does some trading of stocks. I work in 2 different states. My DH has a small business. We have lots of deductions. Although I am sure we "could" figure it out. It's just easier this way & if we ever have to survive an audit, we'd have this support.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

YoYiggy wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:18 pm I go to H&R Block.

I'm STILL waiting to get my W2s though. I feel like we had already gotten them by this time last year.
Be patient. The people who do the W2's will be grateful. Where I work we haven't done any W2's yet for any of our clients. We already have people asking and my answer is always "by the end of the month". That's what the IRS requires of employers is that they just have to get them out by Jan 31st so that's what we are looking at. W2's don't just magically happen with the press of a button, and it's not the only urgent thing that we have to accomplish within the month of January. Especially for a small CPA office like where I work, January can be quite stressful.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:41 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:55 am
No, my DH does some trading of stocks. I work in 2 different states. My DH has a small business. We have lots of deductions. Although I am sure we "could" figure it out. It's just easier this way & if we ever have to survive an audit, we'd have this support.
That does sound complicated. We have very diversified investments as well. Multi-state/province taxes could be complicated.

Here is a question for you. How and when are capital gains taxes there?
Locked Previous topicNext topic