72 Hours Before Rally: 'We Are Being Set Up' in VA

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:29 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:23 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:57 pm I have such mixed feelings about this event....
I think patriots should heed the warning, stay home and avoid an obvious trap....
but also,
I think that We the People have had enough and need to make a stand for what WE believe in. We need to stop rolling over for the politicians and start standing up. If we don't take a stand on this, what will we take a stand on?
I believe wholeheartedly that if this gun nonsense goes through in VA like Northam wants, it will sweep across the country and then we are royally fucked. We will have NO rights at all.

Just curious but what specific parts of the Virginia gun legislation are you against? And when you write "We the People", which people are you talking about? The majority of Virginians are in favor of this legislation.
Sure they do... when 90 - 91 out of 95 counties have declared themselves 2A sanctuaries, not to mention the independent cities and towns... No, not too many Virginians outside of Richmond are in favor of the new legislation. No bans, no registration, and no confiscation.
I should not have to explain what/who We the People are to an American.
You are confusing land with population. Yes, rural counties like the one I live in are declaring themselves 2nd Amendment Sanctuaries. Populous counties are not. A vast majority of Virginians support the new gun laws passed in Richmond, including the 40% of my rural county that voted Democrat in 2018.

Please show me the new Virginia legislation that bans guns or requires registration of guns. Confiscation occurs when someone is red-flagged and why would you not want that?

"By large margins, voters support requiring background checks on all gun sales (86 percent to 13 percent) and passing a "red flag" law to allow guns to be temporarily removed from someone deemed a threat (73 percent to 23 percent). By a smaller margin (54 percent to 44 percent), they back a ban on assault-style weapons." Note that the ban on assault-style weapons was dropped.

I think of the phrase "We the People" as a collective term for all Americans, not a minority group within a state. You seem to think a majority of Virginians agree with these attending the rally in Richmond. You are wrong.

Our county had a "muster" this past Saturday, forming a county militia (ages 16-55) to preserve 2nd amendment. A bunch of these hee-haws were in Richmond today. No Thanks!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:16 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:23 pm

Just curious but what specific parts of the Virginia gun legislation are you against? And when you write "We the People", which people are you talking about? The majority of Virginians are in favor of this legislation.
Sure they do... when 90 - 91 out of 95 counties have declared themselves 2A sanctuaries, not to mention the independent cities and towns... No, not too many Virginians outside of Richmond are in favor of the new legislation. No bans, no registration, and no confiscation.
You are confusing land with population. Yes, rural counties like the one I live in are declaring themselves 2nd Amendment Sanctuaries. Populous counties are not. A vast majority of Virginians support the new gun laws passed in Richmond, including the 40% of my rural county that voted Democrat in 2018.

Please show me the new Virginia legislation that bans guns or requires registration of guns. Confiscation occurs when someone is red-flagged and why would you not want that?

"By large margins, voters support requiring background checks on all gun sales (86 percent to 13 percent) and passing a "red flag" law to allow guns to be temporarily removed from someone deemed a threat (73 percent to 23 percent). By a smaller margin (54 percent to 44 percent), they back a ban on assault-style weapons." Note that the ban on assault-style weapons was dropped.

I think of the phrase "We the People" as a collective term for all Americans, not a minority group within a state. You seem to think a majority of Virginians agree with these attending the rally in Richmond. You are wrong.

Our county had a "muster" this past Saturday, forming a county militia (ages 16-55) to preserve 2nd amendment. A bunch of these hee-haws were in Richmond today. No Thanks!
Background checks have been the rule for a long time now. Of course people support it, they can't conceive of anything else. And the red flag thing seems rationale on it's surface, but it is such a slippery slope that it should not be a law. When you can be stripped of your rights BEFORE going before a judge, that is a problem. That law needs a bit of tweaking before I could support it.

Why is it OK that the couple big cities get to control the whole state? That's BS, and it happens in nearly every state. Richmond controls VA, Chicago controls IL, NYC controls NY, Columbus & Cleveland control OH, LA and SF control CA, NO controls LA... it's the same everywhere. One or two liberal fucked up cities control the whole state... where people generally live a completely different kind of life, but those city slickers think they know it all. And it sounds a lot like you are the same way. YOU don't like it, so nobody should have it. At least that's what I'm getting from your comments. I apologize if I'm wrong, though. Yes, I believe that overall people in this country want their 2A rights un-infringed upon. I do realize that some people don't like that right for themselves, but they don't seem to understand that they are not forced to own a weapon, just don't mess with anyone else's right to own one. That's all.

I am glad to hear that the people in your county are taking their right seriously. It sucks that you are so small-minded that you are making fun of them, though.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:01 pm

Background checks have been the rule for a long time now. Of course people support it, they can't conceive of anything else. And the red flag thing seems rationale on it's surface, but it is such a slippery slope that it should not be a law. When you can be stripped of your rights BEFORE going before a judge, that is a problem. That law needs a bit of tweaking before I could support it.

Why is it OK that the couple big cities get to control the whole state? That's BS, and it happens in nearly every state. Richmond controls VA, Chicago controls IL, NYC controls NY, Columbus & Cleveland control OH, LA and SF control CA, NO controls LA... it's the same everywhere. One or two liberal fucked up cities control the whole state... where people generally live a completely different kind of life, but those city slickers think they know it all. And it sounds a lot like you are the same way. YOU don't like it, so nobody should have it. At least that's what I'm getting from your comments. I apologize if I'm wrong, though. Yes, I believe that overall people in this country want their 2A rights un-infringed upon. I do realize that some people don't like that right for themselves, but they don't seem to understand that they are not forced to own a weapon, just don't mess with anyone else's right to own one. That's all.

I am glad to hear that the people in your county are taking their right seriously. It sucks that you are so small-minded that you are making fun of them, though.
Y'all have had it loosey-goosey for a long time now and children are being slaughtered in their schools. So now for some common-sense gun control laws. You're lucky I'm not the Queen of Everything. I'd take all your guns away. Be grateful I'm not.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:07 pm

Y'all have had it loosey-goosey for a long time now and children are being slaughtered in their schools. So now for some common-sense gun control laws. You're lucky I'm not the Queen of Everything. I'd take all your guns away. Be grateful I'm not.
How many more laws do you think we really NEED?! Oh, wait, you don't think anyone should have a gun, so I could give two shits about what you think. I follow the Constitution, and it plainly states that I have the right to keep and bear arms.

Loosey-goosey my ass.... there's been a few instances of law enforcement agencies NOT following up on details they should be providing to the feds so that someone could be prevented from buying a weapon. And then mental health info is not even on the form, so that isn't a factor when buying. But getting THAT info out violates other federal laws.... Not ONE law-abiding gun owner is affected by or is party to that, so why do you want to punish them for what the whack-a-doos did? Oh, and how about how the people who shot up the schools did so illegally? Again, why punish the people who had nothing to do with it?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, for starters I wouldn’t trust anything “Western Journal” says. At least, not the spin they give to facts. You really can’t get more right wing biased than that, lol. It’s omen of those laughable sources BJ used to love to
post around here. Like a little more biased than Patriot Post.
But yeah, I would never attend a gun-related rally in any way. There’s likely to be gun lovers with a serious gun fetish wanting to shut up anyone for gun control. So no way would I risk it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Population density. You can't sit here and whine "We the people' and then leave out half the people because they all live in the same city. It's common sense that there is a higher population density (aka more people living in the same sized area say 25 square miles)in the city than there is in the countryside. You might only have 3,000 people in a 25 mile radius in the country, but move into a large city like Chigago and suddenly it jumps to 60,000. So yes, those big cities tend to control the MAJORITY of votes in their states as those cities hold the MAJORITY of people.

PS I actually checked the numbers. Population density for Chicago per SQ mile is 11,960 people. For the rest of Illinois on average (based on size of the state) it is 222 people per square mile. And THAT is why the big cities tend to "Control" the votes of the states, because that is where the majority of people are.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 pm

Population density. You can't sit here and whine "We the people' and then leave out half the people because they all live in the same city. It's common sense that there is a higher population density (aka more people living in the same sized area say 25 square miles)in the city than there is in the countryside. You might only have 3,000 people in a 25 mile radius in the country, but move into a large city like Chigago and suddenly it jumps to 60,000. So yes, those big cities tend to control the MAJORITY of votes in their states as those cities hold the MAJORITY of people.
Yeah, I get that. I don't agree with it. Life in Chicago is completely different than life in any other town/city in IL... but Chicagoans don't care about anyone else in the state. That is my gripe, I guess. Things in the rest of the state are not like they are in the one big city. So,why can't we make the laws that the city needs effective just for that city, NOT the whole state?
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:07 pm

Whew! I'm glad to hear that. I've been so afraid you were coming for my guns.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:21 pm

Yeah, I get that. I don't agree with it. Life in Chicago is completely different than life in any other town/city in IL... but Chicagoans don't care about anyone else in the state. That is my gripe, I guess. Things in the rest of the state are not like they are in the one big city. So,why can't we make the laws that the city needs effective just for that city, NOT the whole state?
You didn't have a problem with it when Trump won the presidential election over Hilary despite her having the popular vote. (Aka more individuals voting for her). That's because the electoral college took over. You only disagree with it when it's your side losing whatever the vote was and sorry but that's just not the way things work. I get that city life is different than small town life and what's ideal for one is not ideal for the other, but our voting system designed to reflect the voice of the people ALL the people, not just the country bumpkins, and not just the spoiled city slickers. Someone is ALWAYS going to disagree with the result and voice their disdain, especially when things don't go the way they want it to
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

PS I actually checked the numbers. Population density for Chicago per SQ mile is 11,960 people. For the rest of Illinois on average (based on size of the state) it is 222 people per square mile. And THAT is why the big cities tend to "Control" the votes of the states, because that is where the majority of people are.
Density yes, but majority in number of people no. That is the frustration some on the right have. Illinois has a population of about 12.7 million people. Chicago has a population of about 2.7 million. Why should a city with 1/6, not even 1/2 or a 1/3 of the population “control” the state? They are not the majority.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Locked Previous topicNext topic