Big family/small space/little kids: Heavy chairs or folding chairs?

Deleted User 670

Unread post

You can get really nice wooden folding chairs that will serve your purpose and not look horrible. This will give you an idea of what's available.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wooden+foldi ... _sb_noss_2
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

25605BD3-903D-4C76-A191-B4B234DB46B4.jpeg
Something like this?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

What do you mean by small space?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If the space is really small, I definitely would not put in one of those all-in-one table booths. To keep the little kids from sliding furniture, climbing up on furniture, and getting into things that you don't want them into, I'd find a way to keep them completely out of that area...

Either an accordion door:

or a pocket door:
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:26 am If the space is really small, I definitely would not put in one of those all-in-one table booths. To keep the little kids from sliding furniture, climbing up on furniture, and getting into things that you don't want them into, I'd find a way to keep them completely out of that area...

or a pocket door:
I don't want to keep them out of the floor space.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The youngest of the "little kids" is two. The youngest of the "big kids" is eight.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:33 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:05 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:00 am How old are kids involved? I'd get the heavy chairs personally.
Thanks. DH voted for the folding chairs, but he invites people over pretty often. I could see myself getting embarrassed by folding chairs.
How old are they?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How old are the rest of the kids? It's hard to give suggestions without knowing the ages of the kids involved.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:39 am The youngest of the "little kids" is two. The youngest of the "big kids" is eight.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:33 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:05 am
Thanks. DH voted for the folding chairs, but he invites people over pretty often. I could see myself getting embarrassed by folding chairs.
How old are they?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Then, I'm at a loss for other ideas. Maybe hire a mother's helper?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:37 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:26 am If the space is really small, I definitely would not put in one of those all-in-one table booths. To keep the little kids from sliding furniture, climbing up on furniture, and getting into things that you don't want them into, I'd find a way to keep them completely out of that area...

or a pocket door:
I don't want to keep them out of the floor space.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m gonna be honest.

I have no clue what your actually asking.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'm glad SOMEBODY said that! I was thinking the same. I mean...Is this a kitchen? A side room? I've had the exact scenario in my home: 4 kids under the age of 9. I don't know that I fully grasp what her entire dilemma is? Is she running a daycare out of her home? Why can't the room be off limits to these kids?
LuckyEightWow wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:13 pm I’m gonna be honest.

I have no clue what your actually asking.
Locked Previous topicNext topic