Trump children undergo mandatory training on how to “stop defrauding charities”

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The "crime" was allowing the campaign to distribute the funds to veterans charities.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:57 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:22 pm
DSamuels wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:15 pm I see you took my advice.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/alternet/
I wonder what her google search history looks like?
Stop taking about me with her!🙄
Time magazine, New York Times, Washington Post, BBC, Minneapolis Star Tribune, USA Today, LA Times, etc. all rated as accurate, factual.

I’m a moderate. I used to be a Republican.
I bet a lot of others have reported about the Trump offspring too.
The Trump’s legacy is so well known.
Whoa! Calm down. You seem very sensitive and upset about criticism of your sources. I counted 3, maybe 4 left and far left sources just today.

Unless you’ve been promoted, you don’t get to tell people what they can and can not post.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:41 pm
DSamuels wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:18 pm So you’re comparing what they did, perhaps unknowingly, with child molestation? Seriously?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:52 pm Oh, yeah. They’re now “alright”, I’m sure. Tell me, would you trust a child molester around your kids because he was “rehabilitated” in prison?

“Perhaps unknowningly”? Let’s pretend that’s the case - are ignorance of the rules and ethical practices any excuse for breaking them?

If the only options here are that Ivanka is corrupt or incompetent, and Trump claims to be against both, why is it acceptable she still has a job in government, which has considerably higher stakes for lots more people than their unscrupulous charity ever did?
So you agree what they might have done, I believe Carpy posted what they did wrong, is comparable to child molestation? Wow
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:19 pm
DSamuels wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:18 pm So you’re comparing what they did, perhaps unknowingly, with child molestation? Seriously?

“Perhaps unknowningly”? Let’s pretend that’s the case - are ignorance of the rules and ethical practices any excuse for breaking them?

If the only options here are that Ivanka is corrupt or incompetent, and Trump claims to be against both, why is it acceptable she still has a job in government, which has considerably higher stakes for lots more people than their unscrupulous charity ever did?
So you agree what they might have done, I believe Carpy posted what they did wrong, is comparable to child molestation? Wow
Where, precisely, did I say that? My questions were whether ignorance of the rules is any excuse, and why it’s acceptable that supposedly anti-corruption Trump is keeping Ivanka employed when the only plausible explanations here are that she was either incompetent or unethical.

Carpy also conveniently forgot to mention the charity money was also used to settle lawsuits and buy things for himself. You can read the settlement, which states that all Parties agreed to the wrongdoing outlined within here: https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/D ... ystem=prod
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:05 pm The "crime" was allowing the campaign to distribute the funds to veterans charities.
Certainly speaks volumes that they’re either too incompetent or too unethical to do such a simple task properly!

Oh, weird, you omitted that Trump was using the charity funds to settle lawsuits in his for profit business interests and buy things for his own use, like a 6 foot portrait of himself and a signed Tim Tebow helmet. That sounds...what’s the word? Corrupt.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:22 pm
DSamuels wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:15 pm I see you took my advice.
Overall, we rate AlterNet far Left Biased on story selection and wording that always favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to some promotion of pseudoscience.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/alternet/
I wonder what her google search history looks like?
Trump sucks articles
Trump sucks articles
Trump sucks articles
LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:05 pm The "crime" was allowing the campaign to distribute the funds to veterans charities.
You're wrong. He wrote checks from the charity to pay his personal legal fees, personal donations and other items over the years that personally benefited him. (Sounds familiar).
In her June 2018 petition to the state’s Supreme Court, then-New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood wrote:

“For more than a decade, the Donald J. Trump Foundation has operated in persistent violation of state and federal law governing New York State charities. This pattern of illegal conduct by the Foundation and its board members includes improper and extensive political activity, repeated and willful self-dealing transactions, and failure to follow basic fiduciary obligations or to implement even elementary corporate formalities required by law.
Read the Judge's findings. The Judge writes that the veteran's money did eventually reach the veteran's charities. That wasn't what he was fined for. One issue with the veteran's charities, however, was that Trump put about $3 million of the donations collected into the Trump Foundation and delivered checks to veteran's charities during his campaign stops with BIG checks as props with the the name "Trump Foundation" making it look like he donated it. Status quo for him but that's not why he was found guilty of stealing from charity.

The irony that since 2008, he did not contribute a dime of his own money to a charity with his name on it.

I don't blame his children. They could hardly tell Trump what to do.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:35 pm
Certainly speaks volumes that they’re either too incompetent or too unethical to do such a simple task properly!

Oh, weird, you omitted that Trump was using the charity funds to further his business interests and buy things for his own use, like a 6 foot portrait of himself. That sounds...what’s the word? Corrupt.
She's wrong. That's not why he was fined $2 million dollars for stealing from charity. So sick of seeing disinformation spread around.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Carpy was wrong. Read the Judges findings is you really want to know what happened. And what he did with the veteran's charity money, putting in his own charity and wrote big checks with his name on it as if it came from him? Pretty despicable, unethical, shady, whatever. Not what he was fined for though.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Nope.
He used it for himself.
Where do you get those phony excuses?

It was to pay his own expenses.
Locked Previous topicNext topic