Twins going to the same college

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My MIL commented on how she doesn't think our twin daughters should be going to the same college. She claims it won't allow them to develop into their own people and have time apart. OK thanks, no one asked for your opinion? They didn't plan to end up at the same place, but they liked similar schools and chose the same one to apply to for Early Decision. They have always been very close and college is a tough transition, so I am sure they will appreciate having a familiar face. It's not like they're going to be roommates or do everything together (they probably won't even have classes together as they have differing interests). Minor rant but just kind of peeved me that she made it seem like they couldn't do anything independently.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Everyone's allowed to have an opinion. If she's not being pushy with it, just move on.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

As long as it is their own decision I see no problem.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:39 pm My MIL commented on how she doesn't think our twin daughters should be going to the same college. She claims it won't allow them to develop into their own people and have time apart. OK thanks, no one asked for your opinion? They didn't plan to end up at the same place, but they liked similar schools and chose the same one to apply to for Early Decision. They have always been very close and college is a tough transition, so I am sure they will appreciate having a familiar face. It's not like they're going to be roommates or do everything together (they probably won't even have classes together as they have differing interests). Minor rant but just kind of peeved me that she made it seem like they couldn't do anything independently.
MIL is allowed to have and give her opinion, she wasnt disrespectful but Im sure you will end up saying she was later on in the post
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:54 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:39 pm My MIL commented on how she doesn't think our twin daughters should be going to the same college. She claims it won't allow them to develop into their own people and have time apart. OK thanks, no one asked for your opinion? They didn't plan to end up at the same place, but they liked similar schools and chose the same one to apply to for Early Decision. They have always been very close and college is a tough transition, so I am sure they will appreciate having a familiar face. It's not like they're going to be roommates or do everything together (they probably won't even have classes together as they have differing interests). Minor rant but just kind of peeved me that she made it seem like they couldn't do anything independently.
MIL is allowed to have and give her opinion, she wasnt disrespectful but Im sure you will end up saying she was later on in the post
*eyeroll* It was just a little annoying to me that she kept harping on the fact and asking them why they wanted to go to the same school and not branch out a little. It's one thing to have an opinion, it's another to keep pushing it when it's clearly not wanted.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn’t worry about what she thinks.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Yeah, I'd tell MIL that it ain't her decision and no one asked for her opinion. Jeesh. If she keeps harping tell her that she's going to end up in a time out if she doesn't shut her yap.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Who cares what she says or thinks, she voiced her opinion now forget it. Your kids are going to love going to the same college, they will be each others support system.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree more with your MIL, but it is their decision to make. I just know twins who were very close and who really benefited from going to college apart.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I have a friend with twins. When they were in middle school they were glued together at the hips. When they were in high school, they were glued together at the hips and had a hard time making friends. When it was time for them to choose their colleges, each stated that they didn't feel ready to be apart from the other. And so, they chose the same college. My kid sees them around campus all the time with no one other than themselves. It is none of my business. So, if I were this MIL I wouldn't say anything about them going to the same college. But about the sophomore college twins that I know...I am wondering...When will they branch out?
Locked Previous topicNext topic