More than 500,000 people sign petition to bring 'maximum' punishment to men seen assaulting injured deer

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:53 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:34 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:03 pm
Where we get it processed adds ground pork to it. Venison just isn’t fatty enough by itself to have it ground. I make spicy chili with most of it. I take it to our churches trunk or treat and everyone loves it. I won a chili cook off with it too.
Mine processed them here at home (the meat, not the entire carcass. It came home in coolers. I don't like seeing the whole animal, kwim :(. I was in charge of the grinder, lol. His chili was soooo good. I'd love your recipe anytime you're willing to share :-)
Honestly I just follow the McComick hot seasoning recipe. I do a double batch so I use both red kidney beans and pinto beans. Plus both diced tomatoes(fire roasted are the best) and tomatoes sauce. Then I add some of my favorite hot sauce. I like matouk's hot sauce the best but it’s hard to find we got it in the Bahamas.
This sounds so good. 😍
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:33 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:40 pm
GMa4all wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:39 pm

And those who hunt and kill deer for “ sport” too.
Setting up a deer stand in a tree and sitting and waiting to see one or more and shooting those beautiful creatures is disgusting.
When they utilize the animal for food, I don't take issue. Baiting is illegal in FL. Proficient hunters bring the deer down humanely with one shot.
I love deer meat, so I don’t take issue with hunting for food either.
I enjoy it too.

I went hunting once. Exactly once when I was 19. I hit him wrong and it sounded like a woman screaming to me. My SO at the time made me finish the job. I did it while crying the entire time. And th he and his buddies hung it, ripped its throat to bleed it, emptied its innards and dumped that mess on me. It still bothers me. It been NEVER AGAIN since.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:53 am But men who go up North and shoot deer are praised!
Go figure.🙄
Are you in Wisconsin?

But regardless, as I’m sure has been explained, there’s a but of a difference between killing an animal quickly and torturing it while it dies slowly. And very few animals raised for meat live better lives than wild deer. And deer kind of suck and need to be kept in check since we’ve killed it so many of their other predators.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:54 pm

When they utilize the animal for food, I don't take issue. Baiting is illegal in FL. Proficient hunters bring the deer down humanely with one shot.
I enjoy it too.

I went hunting once. Exactly once when I was 19. I hit him wrong and it sounded like a woman screaming to me. My SO at the time made me finish the job. I did it while crying the entire time. And th he and his buddies hung it, ripped its throat to bleed it, emptied its innards and dumped that mess on me. It still bothers me. It been NEVER AGAIN since.
That is horrendous. Omg.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

lunarprancer wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:15 pm

I enjoy it too.

That is horrendous. Omg.
It was f'd up. I think I started hating him that day. Then I had to ride home about 40 miles with that mess all over me. Humans are some really disgusting animals.
306/232

lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:44 pm

I enjoy it too.

That is horrendous. Omg.
It was f'd up. I think I started hating him that day. Then I had to ride home about 40 miles with that mess all over me. Humans are some really disgusting animals.
Some more than others, god. I’m sorry that happened to you.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I enjoy it too.

That is horrendous. Omg.
My God I thought you meant it metaphorically like you had to clean it up not that you were wearing it. Yeah that's some fucked up shit right there.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

I enjoy it too.

This is how I feel about deer hunting too.
And I’ve never liked venison , won’t eat meat. I eat fish , shrimp and eggs for protein.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I enjoy it too.

That’s horrible! I was out one night with my ex BIL a few years ago and a deer got caught in his headlights. I started screaming not to shoot that deer in front of me and he didn’t.

You’re brave to even go because I never could handle the thought of it. I love deer meat but I only want to see it when it’s fully processed like the any other meat from the grocery store.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:22 am
That is horrendous. Omg.
My God I thought you meant it metaphorically like you had to clean it up not that you were wearing it. Yeah that's some fucked up shit right there.
I shot him wrong. Rule is do that and you have to put it out of its misery. It broke my heart hearing that poor animal. I shot him again crying like a baby. They hung him up by his hind legs, slit his throat and his stomach and stuff, drained it into a five gallon bucket. Then they started yelling VIRGIN! (It was my first (and last) hunt) and dumped that entire bucket on me. Think CARRIE. I was 19. It haunts me still.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic