He Stole All The Presents

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:57 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:51 pm I’m amazed that some of you think it’s perfectly ok for him to destroy over $2,000 in presents, a lot which weren’t his, just because it’s Christmas. Not giving him a Nintendo switch and some legos isn’t going to kill him. Maybe he will realize he can’t just ruin things that aren’t his if he opens a few outfits and books rather than a drone, videos games, or other shit he doesn’t need. 🤯
No one said what he did was okay, what they ARE saying is the punishment you have decided upon is the wrong course of action and it is, but being a shitty parent you think only of how to get back at your son and make him regret the action rather than address why it occurred in the first place which only further highlights your shitty parenting
Yes I’m such a shitty parent for giving my son clothes and books for Christmas. How dare I give him consequences for his bad behavior?! You are incredibly dramatic.

I know why it occurred, he told me many times why it occurred, he did it because he wanted to open presents and didn’t want to wait and he admitted that he doesn’t care that he opened other peoples presents because he wanted it.

He admitted he knew it was wrong, he told me that he should have waited and wouldn’t do it again, obviously we F***ing talked about it. Bottom line is he doesn’t feel bad for what he did because he wanted to do it and he owned that part too. He says I’m mean because I’m giving him consequences. He says the same thing when I send him to his room so whatever.

He’s already over it, he told me today after school that he wanted to give his cousins his presents. He isn’t that attached to stuff, I took away an iPad once and told him how to earn it back and he told me to throw it out instead. It had nothing to do with the presents themselves. He wanted to open everything so he did. You and the others on here are making the punishment so much more dramatic than it really is.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:05 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:58 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:52 pm

You said in your intro that he played with the gifts. You didn't say he destroyed them. You're angry and trying the rationalize an unreasonable punishment.

This will come back and bite you on the ass. The bad thing is your son will be the one most damaged by it.
How will this bite me in the ass? How is going to be damaged by receiving clothes and books? This is exactly what’s wrong with the world today. Ffs he won’t be damaged because he didn’t get the Nintendo switch he wanted for Christmas 🙄

You're deliberately ruining Christmas for him. He's going to feel different and left out. He'll always remember that.

He's an angry child. You seem to be hell-bent on fueling his anger. That will bite you in the ass later.
It’s not ruining Christmas he doesn’t even care about the stuff.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I'm not the OP, but I'm curious, those of you saying you don't agree with her punishment, what would you do? Because several of these responses sound like he's being given a pass for his behavior because he's got problems.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:53 am I would make him rewrap everyone else's gifts and then I'd bring him to go donate his gifts to a child who will appreciate them and he'd get nothing. 8 is way too old for that.
Ouch! That would definitely leave an impression.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ok.... don’t buy gifts early next year.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:52 pm

You said in your intro that he played with the gifts. You didn't say he destroyed them. You're angry and trying the rationalize an unreasonable punishment.

This will come back and bite you on the ass. The bad thing is your son will be the one most damaged by it.
How will this bite me in the ass? How is going to be damaged by receiving clothes and books? This is exactly what’s wrong with the world today. Ffs he won’t be damaged because he didn’t get the Nintendo switch he wanted for Christmas 🙄

You're deliberately ruining Christmas for him. He's going to feel different and left out. He'll always remember that.

He's an angry child. You seem to be hell-bent on fueling his anger. That will bite you in the ass later.
He ruined it for himself. And Christmas is not all about toys. He is old enough to know better and there are consequences to his actions.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:18 pm I'm not the OP, but I'm curious, those of you saying you don't agree with her punishment, what would you do? Because several of these responses sound like he's being given a pass for his behavior because he's got problems.

I'd give him a chance to earn them back.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:32 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:23 pm
I didnt f**k my kids up when they were younger through shitty parenting. So, no, I don't have to watch them all night long. I'm also aware enough of what they are doing that if I am in a separate room, even watching TV, I know what room they are in and my house is 2400 square ft. Clearly you checked out in regards to parenting a long time ago and have no idea what your kids are doing even in front of your face.
Yep, another one who has know idea what they are talking about 🙄
Good parents rarely have kids with behavior issues. Shitty parents however....
How old are your kids
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:23 pm Ok.... don’t buy gifts early next year.
That’s actually a helpful suggestion. This is the first year I finished early 😂
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:23 pm

He ruined it for himself. And Christmas is not all about toys. He is old enough to know better and there are consequences to his actions.

Yes, there should be consequences. They should be appropriate though. What she's planning doesn't give him a chance to redeem himself and learn.
Locked Previous topicNext topic