He Stole All The Presents

Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 am My 8 yr old son found all of the presents that I’d wrapped and stole them and played with them. He took his, his brothers, his sisters, even gifts that I got for my sister. One of the presents was a switch lite and I caught him trying to set it up. I thought he was asleep and I was watching tv downstairs when it happened.

He got into the presents under my bed and in my attic. I’m incredibly upset that he did this and he seems to have no remorse because after I took stuff away and put it in my closet he went and took some of it back out of my closet while I slept. Dh and I don’t think he should get anything for Christmas. I was talking to my sil because I was so angry last night and she’s one of my best friends she suggested I make him rewrap everything and he doesn’t get it until Christmas or just give him one thing and take the rest back.

What would you all do?

I’m at a loss and angry that I spent that much time and money just so he could take it all. I don’t even think I can return most of it because of ripped boxes.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 am My 8 yr old son found all of the presents that I’d wrapped and stole them and played with them. He took his, his brothers, his sisters, even gifts that I got for my sister. One of the presents was a switch lite and I caught him trying to set it up. I thought he was asleep and I was watching tv downstairs when it happened.

He got into the presents under my bed and in my attic. I’m incredibly upset that he did this and he seems to have no remorse because after I took stuff away and put it in my closet he went and took some of it back out of my closet while I slept. Dh and I don’t think he should get anything for Christmas. I was talking to my sil because I was so angry last night and she’s one of my best friends she suggested I make him rewrap everything and he doesn’t get it until Christmas or just give him one thing and take the rest back.

What would you all do?

I’m at a loss and angry that I spent that much time and money just so he could take it all. I don’t even think I can return most of it because of ripped boxes.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:52 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:45 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Being strict is different than what you're contemplating.
No, it’s not. I’m taking away the expensive good presents because he destroyed everyone else’s presents. He’s getting clothes and books. It’s not like I’m hanging him upside down by his toes or locking him in the basement.

You said in your intro that he played with the gifts. You didn't say he destroyed them. You're angry and trying the rationalize an unreasonable punishment.

This will come back and bite you on the ass. The bad thing is your son will be the one most damaged by it.
He destroyed the boxes (mentioned in op,) lost pieces of his siblings toys, and got into my sisters gifts for her new house all of which I mentioned in the comments.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:51 pm I’m amazed that some of you think it’s perfectly ok for him to destroy over $2,000 in presents, a lot which weren’t his, just because it’s Christmas. Not giving him a Nintendo switch and some legos isn’t going to kill him. Maybe he will realize he can’t just ruin things that aren’t his if he opens a few outfits and books rather than a drone, videos games, or other shit he doesn’t need. 🤯
No one said what he did was okay, what they ARE saying is the punishment you have decided upon is the wrong course of action and it is, but being a shitty parent you think only of how to get back at your son and make him regret the action rather than address why it occurred in the first place which only further highlights your shitty parenting
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Being strict is different than what you're contemplating.
No, it’s not. I’m taking away the expensive good presents because he destroyed everyone else’s presents. He’s getting clothes and books. It’s not like I’m hanging him upside down by his toes or locking him in the basement.

You said in your intro that he played with the gifts. You didn't say he destroyed them. You're angry and trying the rationalize an unreasonable punishment.

This will come back and bite you on the ass. The bad thing is your son will be the one most damaged by it.
How will this bite me in the ass? How is going to be damaged by receiving clothes and books? This is exactly what’s wrong with the world today. Ffs he won’t be damaged because he didn’t get the Nintendo switch he wanted for Christmas 🙄
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:55 pm

He destroyed the boxes (mentioned in op,) lost pieces of his siblings toys, and got into my sisters gifts for her new house all of which I mentioned in the comments.

Destroying boxes doesn't mean the gift is destroyed. Re-box them in gift boxes. Unless he was walking all over the house with his siblings' gifts it should be easy to find the missing parts.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:58 pm

How will this bite me in the ass? How is going to be damaged by receiving clothes and books? This is exactly what’s wrong with the world today. Ffs he won’t be damaged because he didn’t get the Nintendo switch he wanted for Christmas 🙄

You're deliberately ruining Christmas for him. He's going to feel different and left out. He'll always remember that.

He's an angry child. You seem to be hell-bent on fueling his anger. That will bite you in the ass later.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

You're deliberately ruining Christmas for him. He's going to feel different and left out. He'll always remember that.

He's an angry child. You seem to be hell-bent on fueling his anger. That will bite you in the ass later.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Deleted User 638

Unread post

Locked Previous topicNext topic