He Stole All The Presents

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:56 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:37 pm So you left your 8 year old son with KNOWN behavioral issues that includes stealing unsupervised long enough he was not only able to get into all the presents under your bed and in the ATTIC and unwrap them, unbox them and even start setting them up and were completely oblivious to the noise upstairs.....He was in the F***ing attic and you didn't register that?? How shitty of a parent are you? No really? Clearly your kid already is suffering the affects of it.
I guess you sit in your child’s room and watch him sleep all night?
I didnt f**k my kids up when they were younger through shitty parenting. So, no, I don't have to watch them all night long. I'm also aware enough of what they are doing that if I am in a separate room, even watching TV, I know what room they are in and my house is 2400 square ft. Clearly you checked out in regards to parenting a long time ago and have no idea what your kids are doing even in front of your face.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:23 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:03 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:26 pm

Since the child has a psychiatrist and a therapist and is taking medication, the first thing I would do is speak to his psychiatrist and therapist. I would get their insight, because this is not a typical run of the mile parenting choice. It needs to be a choice that will speak to the child's sense of right/wrong, and I would want professional direction. Jumping straight to punishment is not going to work.

Secondly, every closet that the child does not need access to should be locked, if for no other reason, than to keep him safe.

I
To keep him safe? Wtf do you think he’s doing in the closet? That’s not where the presents were originally anyway. I don’t keep anything except clothes and some shoes in the closet.

His therapist has been telling me that I need to be stricter with him and to take his things away when he misbehaves. I’m sure she’ll be pretty damn happy that I’m following through with only giving him clothes and books for Christmas.
Children who suffer with mental/emotional illness in any of its many forms, can find a way to harm themselves in what appears to be a very ordinary closet. I could tell you how many children have used shoe laces, or clothes to choke or hang themselves. I have seen it too many times over the years in my line of work. The point is that if you do not consider the child's sense of right and wrong you will not be doing the very best that you can by your child. I am sure your goal is to teach a lesson and do so in the way that matters. The therapist is just that a therapist, but the child also sees a medical doctor who specializes in mental health and the medications used to treat it. I would start there. I wish you the best possible outcome.
Omg now he’s suicidal? 😂 I can’t with this crap anymore. He has a psychiatrist who prescribes his medication, he has a therapist and we all do family therapy. He knows right from wrong, I was told to be stricter on him because he knows right from wrong. Jfc none of you know anything about him and these comments are just getting insane now.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:23 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:37 pm So you left your 8 year old son with KNOWN behavioral issues that includes stealing unsupervised long enough he was not only able to get into all the presents under your bed and in the ATTIC and unwrap them, unbox them and even start setting them up and were completely oblivious to the noise upstairs.....He was in the F***ing attic and you didn't register that?? How shitty of a parent are you? No really? Clearly your kid already is suffering the affects of it.
I didnt f**k my kids up when they were younger through shitty parenting. So, no, I don't have to watch them all night long. I'm also aware enough of what they are doing that if I am in a separate room, even watching TV, I know what room they are in and my house is 2400 square ft. Clearly you checked out in regards to parenting a long time ago and have no idea what your kids are doing even in front of your face.
Yep, another one who has know idea what they are talking about 🙄
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Good parents rarely have kids with behavior issues. Shitty parents however....
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:32 pm
Good parents rarely have kids with behavior issues. Shitty parents however....
Exactly my point, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:29 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:03 pm

To keep him safe? Wtf do you think he’s doing in the closet? That’s not where the presents were originally anyway. I don’t keep anything except clothes and some shoes in the closet.

His therapist has been telling me that I need to be stricter with him and to take his things away when he misbehaves. I’m sure she’ll be pretty damn happy that I’m following through with only giving him clothes and books for Christmas.
Children who suffer with mental/emotional illness in any of its many forms, can find a way to harm themselves in what appears to be a very ordinary closet. I could tell you how many children have used shoe laces, or clothes to choke or hang themselves. I have seen it too many times over the years in my line of work. The point is that if you do not consider the child's sense of right and wrong you will not be doing the very best that you can by your child. I am sure your goal is to teach a lesson and do so in the way that matters. The therapist is just that a therapist, but the child also sees a medical doctor who specializes in mental health and the medications used to treat it. I would start there. I wish you the best possible outcome.
Omg now he’s suicidal? 😂 I can’t with this crap anymore. He has a psychiatrist who prescribes his medication, he has a therapist and we all do family therapy. He knows right from wrong, I was told to be stricter on him because he knows right from wrong. Jfc none of you know anything about him and these comments are just getting insane now.

Being strict is different than what you're contemplating.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:43 am my niece did that and got her ass whooped....maybe you oughta try that

oh, and ALL presents for her went back to the store, and she got socks and underwear...

try having a spine

this is completely YOUR fault
Where have you been #realjudgemetaltwatanon2? Everyone was wandering if you were locked up in jail or the psych ward.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:38 pm

No, it’s not. I’m taking away the expensive good presents because he destroyed everyone else’s presents. He’s getting clothes and books. It’s not like I’m hanging him upside down by his toes or locking him in the basement.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’m amazed that some of you think it’s perfectly ok for him to destroy over $2,000 in presents, a lot which weren’t his, just because it’s Christmas. Not giving him a Nintendo switch and some legos isn’t going to kill him. Maybe he will realize he can’t just ruin things that aren’t his if he opens a few outfits and books rather than a drone, videos games, or other shit he doesn’t need. 🤯
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:45 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:38 pm

No, it’s not. I’m taking away the expensive good presents because he destroyed everyone else’s presents. He’s getting clothes and books. It’s not like I’m hanging him upside down by his toes or locking him in the basement.

You said in your intro that he played with the gifts. You didn't say he destroyed them. You're angry and trying the rationalize an unreasonable punishment.

This will come back and bite you on the ass. The bad thing is your son will be the one most damaged by it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic