Boys going in the ladies bathroom with Mom

morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:50 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:31 pm My children are never alone in public bathrooms. It's a hard rule in our family. And they won't be allowed to until they are big enough to not be a victim to perverted men. In BOTH mens and ladies rooms, unfortunately.
Can I ask what is big enough, as grown men can be a victim. Also why are you just worried about perverted men and not perverted women. Also what do you do when they go to school and on a field trip.
You must use logic and reason if you really need to figure out my comment.
KAG
Mean Girl
Anonymous 8

Unread post

If there are stalls with doors, I don't really see it as a huge deal for a mom to bring her boys into the bathroom. But I also think it's unnecessary to accompany a 12 year old in the bathroom in most situations.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:10 pm
KendallsMom wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:03 am

You must either never leave home for long or have a bladder of steel lol
Honestly it's a combination of both! And when you throw in the possibility of having to use a toilet that anyone and everyone has also just finished using...

Yeah. I'll hold it...lol.
What do you think will happen to you by using a public toilet? Just curious. I will never understand people's fear. I have never ever heard of anyone "catching" anything by using a public restroom.
I'm not afraid of "catching" anything. I don't like the way some of them look and smell. And the thought of using the toilet right after a complete stranger is gross to me.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I believe the risk of sending a 5 or 6 year old into a mens room alone is far less than the risk of NOT sending him in alone. Kids today are being robbed of every opportunity to grow their own problem solving and decision making skills. The risk of assault is super slim. The risk of not becoming a self reliant individual is great. Its age appropriate for 5 year olds to toilet themselves. So I think its best to choose your mens room wisely, take appropriate precautions, and then send the boy in!
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think that it’s up to the discretion of the parents to determine when their son is old enough developmentally to ho in a men’s bathroom alone.

I know my dear friend’s son who is autistic and 8 yrs old, is not ready. They continue to work with him and hope by age 9 he’ll be ready.

Every situation is different and we don’t know why a particular parent is so cautious.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:16 pm
cellomom26 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:59 pm I think you have zero room to judge anyone for keeping their child safe.

Instead of talking about the moms, talk about the criminals who are abusing innocent boys.
I shouldn't have to be in a bathroom with a 12 year old boy.
How do you feel about being in a bathroom with an adult transgender female that was born male?
I'll take a 12 year boy anyday
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

The other day, I walked out of the stall in the women’s room and there was a teen boy, who had to be about 16, walking out of the stall next to me. His mother was yelling out of another stall to wait for her. All I said to the teen, was hello, and kept on walking. Clearly, this isn’t an issue for me. All ages are welcome.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:13 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:16 pm
cellomom26 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:59 pm I think you have zero room to judge anyone for keeping their child safe.

Instead of talking about the moms, talk about the criminals who are abusing innocent boys.
I shouldn't have to be in a bathroom with a 12 year old boy.
How do you feel about being in a bathroom with an adult transgender female that was born male?
I'll take a 12 year boy anyday
If everyone is doing their business behind a closed stall who the f**k cares who is in the bathroom. I really don't understand why it's that big of an issue.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I Don’t want 12 yr old boys in the restroom.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't think there is an easy solution to this issue.

I'm not worried about my child being molested in a bathroom but I do live in Houston, Texas. We're one of the top cities for human trafficking and there has been a lot of trafficking activity in my suburb lately. So, I do worry about that.

Imagine being a 12 year old boy and having to wait in the ladies room, listening to old women pissing, farting, and shitting. Or the female bathroom conversations.

My 11 year old son goes to the bathroom by himself and has for a while now. If I'm uncomfortable for some reason, I stand near the men's bathroom and wait for him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic