I'm not making my kids pretend them believe in Santa

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:17 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:13 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:02 am
I was trying to compromise and say we can all open some that night and some in the morning. Like the gifts we got her kids they could have opened them that night. It wouldn't spoil Santa.
It just seems unecessary and cumbersome to have two gift openings. I understand that you always do it the night before, but it's one year and it's just seems more practical to me. Sometimes we have to switch up our traditions a bit and it just isn't a big deal.
It isn't cumbersome. We have done it before with friends. It isn't a big deal. It wouldn't be switching them up a bit, it would be giving up all of our traditions. There is nothing wrong with compromise.
Opening gifts is your only Christmas tradition? How is changing the time that you open them giving up all traditions?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:29 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:12 am
jas wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:11 am Or you could just open everything Christmas morning. What's the big deal?
We aren't going to give up all of our traditions. I would be willing to compromise but not give up everything. Plus some of the gifts are specifically for that night.
All of your traditions? It's one. For the sake of little KIDS. Who is the adult here?
My kids are little so why would taking all of their traditions away be good for their sake?

A of our traditions are on Christmas Eve.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:29 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:13 am

It just seems unecessary and cumbersome to have two gift openings. I understand that you always do it the night before, but it's one year and it's just seems more practical to me. Sometimes we have to switch up our traditions a bit and it just isn't a big deal.
It isn't cumbersome. We have done it before with friends. It isn't a big deal. It wouldn't be switching them up a bit, it would be giving up all of our traditions. There is nothing wrong with compromise.
Opening gifts is your only Christmas tradition? How is changing the time that you open them giving up all traditions?
Our gifts have a lot to do with our traditions. For example, the kids always get new PJs, a movie for us to watch, and bedtime stories for us to read that night.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:33 am

Our gifts have a lot to do with our traditions. For example, the kids always get new PJs, a movie for us to watch, and bedtime stories for us to read that night.
So I'd just give them those things before you go and they can use them at your relatives. Are they really going to be watching a movie while visiting relatives for Christmas anyway?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:41 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:33 am

So I'd just give them those things before you go and they can use them at your relatives. Are they really going to be watching a movie while visiting relatives for Christmas anyway?
We are going to be there for a week before. We are watching the movie with my parents too.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Give me a break. You can do the pjs box on CE, do others the following morning. Nobody is saying your kids have to go the Santa thing..just wait a few hours for the rest of the gifts. We never did Santa but my BIL and SIL did. My girls are younger than their cousin and never had an issue with changing things up. You sound ridiculous IMO.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 5

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:11 am Or you could just open everything Christmas morning. What's the big deal?
We aren't going to give up all of our traditions. I would be willing to compromise but not give up everything. Plus some of the gifts are specifically for that night.
If “all” of your traditions are this ONE thing, you should start more traditions. And learn how numbers work.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:28 am Give me a break. You can do the pjs box on CE, do others the following morning. Nobody is saying your kids have to go the Santa thing..just wait a few hours for the rest of the gifts. We never did Santa but my BIL and SIL did. My girls are younger than their cousin and never had an issue with changing things up. You sound ridiculous IMO.
I have no problem saving some of the gifts for the morning.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:28 am
If “all” of your traditions are this ONE thing, you should start more traditions. And learn how numbers work.
All of our traditions are Christmas Eve. Nothing wrong with that.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How original
Locked Previous topicNext topic