She acts offended

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:17 pm Throwing someone out of your house because you brought a side dish???? You don't think that is abusive? You have to be joking! "Tough old broads" is not an excuse for bad treatment!
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:14 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:02 pm Why is that hilarious that grandma would not invite someone again if they brought something? And why is it hilarious that great grandma would throw someone out of the house for bringing something? Sounds like abuse! Wtf?

It's funny because they're tough old broads. You don't mess with grandma! LOL

If someone doesn't appreciate all of that work you're going through, they don't need to be there. Why would you have someone in your home that's unappreciative?

Abuse ... You have to be joking with that.
First, calm down. This isn't even MY family. I didn't post that.

Second, I'm sorry you don't see the humor in the situation. I'm not a hyper sensitive snowflake, so if my grandma or great grandma yelled at me I'd probably just chuckle. Grandmas are cute when they get all feisty. I'm sure that posters grandma and great grandma do it in jest. I imagined it to be a joking, all in fun thing. I didn't imagine that there was genuine violence.

You're too sensative to eat mashed potatoes, so I don't imagine you'd find feisty little old ladies funny.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Right! Because being too sensitive means that I can’t eat mashed potatoes! And when you have been abused by family members your whole life, yeah that can make you a little more sensitive to things. My dad ruined every single holiday with his rants and throwing dishes and punching holes in walls and screaming on top of his lungs every cuss word imaginable etc etc. So sorry if imagining an old lady throwing someone out for bringing a dish is not funny. So think outside the box and maybe think that “little old feisty broads” can actually be big abusive narcissists that love to ruin holidays.
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:02 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:17 pm Throwing someone out of your house because you brought a side dish???? You don't think that is abusive? You have to be joking! "Tough old broads" is not an excuse for bad treatment!

If someone doesn't appreciate all of that work you're going through, they don't need to be there. Why would you have someone in your home that's unappreciative?

Second, I'm sorry you don't see the humor in the situation. I'm not a hyper sensitive snowflake, so if my grandma or great grandma yelled at me I'd probably just chuckle. Grandmas are cute when they get all feisty. I'm sure that posters grandma and great grandma do it in jest. I imagined it to be a joking, all in fun thing. I didn't imagine that there was genuine violence.

You're too sensative to eat mashed potatoes, so I don't imagine you'd find feisty little old ladies funny.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 pm Right! Because being too sensitive means that I can’t eat mashed potatoes! And when you have been abused by family members your whole life, yeah that can make you a little more sensitive to things. My dad ruined every single holiday with his rants and throwing dishes and punching holes in walls and screaming on top of his lungs every cuss word imaginable etc etc. So sorry if imagining an old lady throwing someone out for bringing a dish is not funny. So think outside the box and maybe think that “little old feisty broads” can actually be big abusive narcissists that love to ruin holidays.

F***ing waaahhh!
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know I've missed something.....big, lol
11 pages of replies over a damn potato, LMAOOOOOOOOO
Attachments
tenor (27).gif
tenor (27).gif (91.06 KiB) Viewed 46 times
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Karma WILL get you for saying that. That was unnecessary.
That'swhatshesaid wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 pm Right! Because being too sensitive means that I can’t eat mashed potatoes! And when you have been abused by family members your whole life, yeah that can make you a little more sensitive to things. My dad ruined every single holiday with his rants and throwing dishes and punching holes in walls and screaming on top of his lungs every cuss word imaginable etc etc. So sorry if imagining an old lady throwing someone out for bringing a dish is not funny. So think outside the box and maybe think that “little old feisty broads” can actually be big abusive narcissists that love to ruin holidays.

F***ing waaahhh!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

If you don't want to read all of the pages (I don't blame you!), the jist is that some people think it's rude of me to bring a baked potato. Some agree that it's no big deal and that MIL should not act offended by it.
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 pm I know I've missed something.....big, lol
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

JFC......LMAOOOO[
Maybe she's offended that you bring your own potato. Ask her for a potato or just grab one, wash it then pop it in the microwave. Would that work?

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:07 pm If you don't want to read all of the pages (I don't blame you!), the jist is that some people think it's rude of me to bring a baked potato. Some agree that it's no big deal and that MIL should not act offended by it.
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 pm I know I've missed something.....big, lol
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:02 pm Why is that hilarious that grandma would not invite someone again if they brought something? And why is it hilarious that great grandma would throw someone out of the house for bringing something? Sounds like abuse! Wtf?
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:58 pm

That's hilarious! Go grandma! :lol:

People don't get it. I loved my grandma and she was the same way. She is also the woman who circa 1993 made me go change my shoes because I entered her house in combat boots believing I was some out there grunge girl. All 4'9" of her CHASED me out of the house. There were guests and I would come dressed appropriately or not at all. Then that same woman chuckled hysterically a few years later when I got my tongue pierced and said she should do it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I already tried asking that...along with asking for a couple of boiled potatoes before she mashes them. She never remembers or just doesn't want to..not sure which one it is so i just bring my own. I don't mind. I don't know why she does.
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:12 pm JFC......LMAOOOO[
Maybe she's offended that you bring your own potato. Ask her for a potato or just grab one, wash it then pop it in the microwave. Would that work?

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:07 pm If you don't want to read all of the pages (I don't blame you!), the jist is that some people think it's rude of me to bring a baked potato. Some agree that it's no big deal and that MIL should not act offended by it.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My MIL's stuffing is great. But she does put giblets in it. Not my cup of tea, yet I eat it graciously when she'd make Thanksgiving dinner. Then I remember after my one nephew got married, and he&niece would come to dinner for Thanksgiving. The stuffing suddenly didn't have giblets. Think he said something to grandma(MIL) about it. This lasted for a few years. After they split. It went back in the stuffing. I only voiced my discontent to hubby, and I know he didn't say anything.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic