If your heart doesn’t break for asylum seekers, you may have a spiritual heart condition

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

"We have developed a heart condition in America and in the American church. Our hearts have become hardened to the hurt in our world.

I’m not saying this to shame but to state what has happened as a result of the constant bombardment of bad news coming at us in images and interviews and analysis 24/7. It hurts too much to feel all the pain in the world and so we have turned off our feelings, shut them down, in order to keep on keeping on."

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/comm ... OFk92i9iQ0
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My heart breaks for legitimate asylum seekers.

My heart does not break for economic migrants who are in the country illegally.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 276

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:12 pm My heart breaks for legitimate asylum seekers.

"Before the Remain in Mexico policy, if you were seeking asylum, you would come to the border after your months-long journey away from the violence in your country and you would receive an initial “credible fear” hearing. Nearly all migrants seeking asylum pass this initial credible fear hearing.

They are given a court date, but because the system is so backlogged, the court date is often six months, nine months, a year in the future.

The next question our government used to ask is: Who is your sponsor in the United States? Nearly every migrant would tell them about an uncle or sister or cousin somewhere in the U.S. They would then be released with their children to stay with their extended family until the time of their court date.

In June, researchers at the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University found that 81% of migrant families waiting in the U.S. attended all their court hearings; if they have legal representation, 99% attend.

This is not an “invasion” by bad people. If you accept that explanation for why this Remain in Mexico policy is needed, you may have a heart condition."

morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:12 pm My heart breaks for legitimate asylum seekers.

KAG
Mean Girl
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can't even take this mess seriously.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

True. The heartlessness of some people is appalling, as is the way they try to justify it.
The vilification of innocent people trying to make a better life for themselves and their children disgusts me. Only someone with little empathy and compassion can sink that low.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If you read things like The Jungle by Upton Sinclair-i think that's right- you'll learn we never cared for immigrants although we have always needed them. I personally do care and do believe we need them. They're our backbone.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:09 pm "We have developed a heart condition in America and in the American church. Our hearts have become hardened to the hurt in our world.

I’m not saying this to shame but to state what has happened as a result of the constant bombardment of bad news coming at us in images and interviews and analysis 24/7. It hurts too much to feel all the pain in the world and so we have turned off our feelings, shut them down, in order to keep on keeping on."

answer honestly, how much of your money goes to charity? how much could you cut to help others.
think about this- give up all luxuries, downgrade your home, give up your car and walk, go vegetarian, give up all materialism.

you'd save thousands of dollars a year and you could give all of that to people living in severe poverty all over the world. but you wont.

the average bleeding heart lib will not give up their soy milk lattes, avocado toast, blue hair dye, expensive clothes, accessories, homes, cars, cable, Iphones, Mac computers, $100k college educations etc for complete strangers. they will NOT invite desperate strangers into their homes.

hell they wont even give a dollar to the homeless masses in their own cities. so excuse me if this seems like emotional manipulation to me.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

once again my question for the bleeding hearts who support open borders, if it is a moral issue. that denying anyone who wants to come here is evil, then would you support 3 billion people coming here? that's how many are in poverty.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:01 pm True. The heartlessness of some people is appalling, as is the way they try to justify it.
The vilification of innocent people trying to make a better life for themselves and their children disgusts me. Only someone with little empathy and compassion can sink that low.
so you'd be ok if 25 million uninvited american southerners were living in Mexico collecting welfare and they just kept on coming. hundreds of thousands per month just kept coming. then your government decides to decriminalize their border crossings, give free healthcare, all welfare to them, and creates a grant for them funded with billions of dollars in tax payer money to pay for their legal defenses. so of course EVEN MORE WILL COME. wouldnt mind at all huh?
Locked Previous topicNext topic