McDonald's had the nerve to ask my child's gender!

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:39 pm
morgan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:37 pm
msb64 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:36 pm I thought fast food restaurants had stopped the gender classification of toys in kid's meals?
Give it 30 more minutes and I'm sure they'll be forced to do so.
Gosh I hope so.
Yes. McDonalds handing out toys for boys and girls is absolutely tragic.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 276

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm
morgan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Give it 30 more minutes and I'm sure they'll be forced to do so.
Gosh I hope so.
What is the problem with McDonalds asking "hot wheels or Barbie" rather than "girl or boy"? My daughter would have picked hot wheels every time.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:42 pm
morgan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Gosh I hope so.
What is the problem with McDonalds asking "hot wheels or Barbie" rather than "girl or boy"? My daughter would have picked hot wheels every time.
That would certainly be a better way of asking. You'd think for $15 an hour a fast food worker would have that level of common sense. Regardless, I don't see the point in being so bent out of shape about it. They're children. It's a plastic toy. At a fast food place.
KAG
Mean Girl
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t see the problem of asking what toy instead of asking girl or boy but I think the whole change in how we treat genders is damaging. There isn’t anything wrong with calling your son a boy or your daughter a girl without stating they may identify differently as adults. Let kids be kids. Don’t encourage gender confusion. Let them figure it out on their own and when they grow up if your son says I’m a girl and wants to transition then take it from there. Don’t live life worrying that your kid may grow up to be the opposite gender.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:36 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:33 pm
morgan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:28 pm

OMG you have a MALE SON. Shocking.
Most likely. But he'll get to be whomever he decides to be, because I'm not an asshole.
Do you think he will be less of what he wants to be when he grows up if you acknowledge that he is a boy?
I do acknowledge that he's a boy, because I'm following his lead.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:52 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Most likely. But he'll get to be whomever he decides to be, because I'm not an asshole.
Do you think he will be less of what he wants to be when he grows up if you acknowledge that he is a boy?
You make it sound like you are living life waiting for him to confirm that he is a boy or deny it and say he’s a girl. There is no need to say he’s a boy for now. It’s ok to have a feminine son or a masculine girl, which they call Tom boys. It doesn’t make them any less a boy or girl. How old is he?
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:52 pm

You make it sound like you are living life waiting for him to confirm that he is a boy or deny it and say he’s a girl. There is no need to say he’s a boy for now. It’s ok to have a feminine son or a masculine girl, which they call Tom boys. It doesn’t make them any less a boy or girl. How old is he?
That's an odd interpretation. He just is who he is. He'll be who he's going to be. I'm here to support him no matter what.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 pm The cashier gets paid minimum and couldn't care less about being woke. Explain to your child she's doing a boring and tedious job. Then move on with your life, Karen.
Right? Just tell them which one you want and go eat your big Mac. The kids probably don't give a crap either, I know mine wouldn't.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I’m sorry, I find this incredibly ridiculous. I refer to certain things as “girly” and someone would get their feelings seriously hurt if they tried to bitch me out because they feel entitled to micromanage what I say based on their opinion.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

the kid was probably more traumatized by their embarrassing mom than anything else.
Locked Previous topicNext topic