Do you guys remember the big argument about sharing Netflix accounts on CM

Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:53 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:49 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:46 pm
That's bullshit. If I pay for multiple accounts then I should be able to share one of those accounts with whomever I want. I'm paying for it regardless. We need congress to step up and regulate this crap.
You aren't boating for multiple accounts. You are paying for multiple profiles. Not the same thing. They don't care about sharing with your household. They care about sharing with people outside of your household
We are still paying extra.
For profiles to be used in your household. Not others. What I'm questioning is I know you have a kid away at college and so does Mrs.David and I do too. So how would that work
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:31 pm https://www.howtogeek.com/413360/why-ne ... r-account/

And yet according to this article they were quoted as saying they don't care. I don't give a shit either way because I just pay for all of my own accounts but I did let my dad use my account for a few months and he ended up subscribing so I think sometimes account sharing could bring them new business.
That article is old......
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:57 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:53 pm

You aren't boating for multiple accounts. You are paying for multiple profiles. Not the same thing. They don't care about sharing with your household. They care about sharing with people outside of your household
We are still paying extra.
For profiles to be used in your household. Not others. What I'm questioning is I know you have a kid away at college and so does Mrs.David and I do too. So how would that work
She doesn't have any problems using her Netflix account at school. I imagine that we're not the only household that does either so Netflix had better continue to allow it or I suspect that with all the streaming options available now it could seriously hurt their bottom line as people say 'fork it' and cancel their Netflix subscription.

And this Netflix account allows you to log in where ever you are, not just at home so how are they really going to crack down unless they notice that one person is consistently only logging on someplace in Wyoming while the account holder is someplace on the east coast or even Europe? But even then, it could be the case like ours -- a kid in college or a spouse stationed on a military base in the midwest.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:55 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:46 pm
That's bullshit. If I pay for multiple accounts then I should be able to share one of those accounts with whomever I want. I'm paying for it regardless. We need congress to step up and regulate this crap.
What if you have a child away at college? I think most people that share are sharing with either a parent or a child.

That's my question also especially about kids away at college. Parents can get their own açcounts
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:01 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:55 pm

What if you have a child away at college? I think most people that share are sharing with either a parent or a child.

That's my question also especially about kids away at college. Parents can get their own açcounts
The complete guide to Netflix password-sharing etiquette

By Adam EpsteinMarch 15, 2016
Allowed: Sharing within your immediate household
Feel free to share your password with the people you actually live with. Not only is this acceptable, but many of the streaming services also encourage it. They know how silly it would be for every member of a household to have to pay for his or her own subscription. HBO, for instance, says that an HBO Now subscription “applies to your entire household.” Netflix offers a $12 a month “premium” plan that allows up to four simultaneous streams—meaning a family of four could all watch Netflix, in four separate rooms, on four separate screens. But that’s not very familial.

Things get a little murkier when you don’t live in the same home as your immediate family.

Allowed: Using your parents’ password while at college
Most college students do not have their own disposable incomes. If you’re lucky enough to be a college student with parents who pay for a streaming account, then, yes, get on that. Likewise, parents, please allow your children to mooch off of the family account for just a few more years, because as soon as they graduate and get a job…

Not allowed: Using your parents’ password after you get a job
Once you have the means to pay for Netflix or HBO on your own, you should do so. At this point, it’s probably more likely that your parents would want to mooch off of you—not the other way around. And you should let them, for helping you out all those years—as long as their reason for asking is not because they can’t figure out the technology.

Not allowed: Using your child’s password because you can’t figure out how to get your own account
Mom, this is not an excuse. It’s 2016, you must figure out how to sign up for Netflix on your own. And dad, it’s not called “The YouTube.” It’s just YouTube. And you don’t have to type “youtube” into Google to get there. You can just go straight to YouTube.com.

Allowed: Sharing with roommates—if you already split expenses/utilities
If you live with roommates and already split the cable TV bill, there isn’t any reason why you can’t split a streaming TV account. That said, you may run into some trouble trying to stream things simultaneously if you have more roommates than stream allotments.

So either sign up for a plan that allows for multiple streams, or come up with some sort of agreement on who gets to stream and when. If you can all easily afford your own subscriptions, then it’s better to just do that.

This, of course, presupposes that all parties involved agree on sharing. If you aren’t comfortable sharing your password with a roommate, then don’t. He or she is not entitled to it just because you live in the same space. And if you move into a place where someone already has an account, don’t assume that you automatically should get access to it. It’s okay to ask and offer to split the monthly bill, but don’t take it personally if the answer is no, and don’t do bad things to your roommate’s toothbrush afterward.
https://qz.com/639726/the-complete-guid ... etiquette/
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I do wonder if Netflix is freaking out because Apple tv just did something big last week. Plus Disney+ is set to release this up coming week. So they are freaking out about the competition? Just yesterday Verizon sent me a text offering me a year of free Disney+ on them. Because of being on an unlimited plan.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Netflix < Hulu
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:21 pm I don’t really care. I will keep sharing it until they cut me off I guess.
This.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:18 pm I do wonder if Netflix is freaking out because Apple tv just did something big last week. Plus Disney+ is set to release this up coming week. So they are freaking out about the competition? Just yesterday Verizon sent me a text offering me a year of free Disney+ on them. Because of being on an unlimited plan.
It's all about the streaming wars.if 1 does it the others will follow suit
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:22 pm Netflix < Hulu
If Netflix does it. All of them will do it
Locked Previous topicNext topic