BM is mad because we wont lie on the school paperwork

Locked Previous topicNext topic
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:22 pm 4 kids? How much is the tuition? She must have a very well paying job to afford tuition for 4 kids and support herself as well as the kids 60% of the time.
I was looking at a public school outside of my kids district. It was $17,000 per kid and I had to transport them. It's in the same county but different district.
i want candy!
melissa0608
Villein
Villein

Guest wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:40 pm
question wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:02 pm Why do you want 50/50 so badly?
Why wouldnt you want to be around your kids at least half the time? I dont know why any parent even has to ask that question.
wait for it. wait for it You know it's coming. The but they are not your kids comment. lol

I get it though. I wouldn't want to go to jail because the BM is being petty.
Anon1111

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:09 am
AllofFive19 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:05 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:00 am

A felony?
https://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/ ... ostly.html

Yes, felony.
But the children really do reside in the home in the desired school district. They're not falsifying anything.

Not if he d9esnr have 50/50
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:52 am
Guest wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:58 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:13 am A child may attend school in a district where he or she resides. This means that a parent must maintain a residence in that district. However, it does not necessarily need to be the child's primary residence. Take, for instance, parents that share physical custody but live in different school districts. The mother has custody 60 percent of the time and the father has custody 40 percent of the time. Regardless of the custody agreement, the child could still attend school in the district where the father resides. As long as the child spends several nights a week at the residence in the school district, they are eligible to attend school in that district.

If no agreement can be reached between the parents, then the issue may end up being litigated in court. A judge will probably take each school district's rating, as well as the distance from each school from the parents' home and work, into consideration when making a decision.
You are wrong on so much
I didn't write that. That was off of an attorney website. So I guess the attorney is wrong.
The laws are state to state, district to district. I don't remember the OP saying what district she lived in. The mother was ridiculous not giving 50/50.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

...MyLove... wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:30 pm I think what you're doing is really petty. Here, you're allowed to use a babysitters address.
The better school districts in the country are more careful.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Lemons wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:15 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:58 am
You are wrong on so much
I didn't write that. That was off of an attorney website. So I guess the attorney is wrong.
The laws are state to state, district to district. I don't remember the OP saying what district she lived in. The mother was ridiculous not giving 50/50.
Right but federal "guidance" is provided, so I would imagine many districts may be similar.

She's certainly paying for that extra 10%, isn't she? I truly wonder what her objective was...what did that extra 10% truly buy her?

I wonder how they would police that anyway? I don't know of any schools collecting custody agreements when students are registered. Also custody percentage can change if parents go back to court during the school year. How would the school ever know?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:21 pm
Lemons wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Right but federal "guidance" is provided, so I would imagine many districts may be similar.

She's certainly paying for that extra 10%, isn't she? I truly wonder what her objective was...what did that extra 10% truly buy her?

I wonder how they would police that anyway? I don't know of any schools collecting custody agreements when students are registered. Also custody percentage can change if parents go back to court during the school year. How would the school ever know?
States and their local towns and cities vary wildly in what proof they accept for children to register for school. I have no idea what type of verification they ask divorced couples. There are some school districts that are so sought after that they have to be stringent on proving full time residency.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Because his kids’ education should come before messing up with his ex wife and “winning” the fight?
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:08 pm
leadfoot40 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:05 pm So he doesn't help pay for any schooling? Great guy.
Why should he have to pay tuition when she is the one who made the decision to move? He would happily take 50/50 to avoid all of this but she doesnt want that either.

He pays half of clubs and sports and stuff, he just wont pay for tuition because she moved knowing what would happen.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Squirrelcat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Too bad for her. I wouldn’t lie either

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:19 pm Because his kids’ education should come before messing up with his ex wife and “winning” the fight?
Guest wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:08 pm
leadfoot40 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:05 pm So he doesn't help pay for any schooling? Great guy.
Why should he have to pay tuition when she is the one who made the decision to move? He would happily take 50/50 to avoid all of this but she doesnt want that either.

He pays half of clubs and sports and stuff, he just wont pay for tuition because she moved knowing what would happen.
No the only "bad" parent is BM. She is the one who moved for a piece of ass without any regard to the children and now that she is on the hook for 2500 he is looking for dad to pay. No that's not the way that works. If she wanted it to work that way then she should have asked dad before she moved if he would be willing to pay the tuition. This is her mess to clean up. Not anyone elses. What of OP and her DH didnt have the money to pay it? Who is to say they will have it in the future? If he pays it now he sets the precedent that he will always pay it then hes fucked. NOPE!!!@ BM knew what the CO said and the ramifications of that and chose to do it anyway. This is on her
Locked Previous topicNext topic