Poll: Should Memes Be Allowed in N&P?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.

Should memes & gifs be allowed in n&p?

Allowed in n&p
33%
Not allowed in n&p
67%

Total votes: 24
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:28 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:49 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:57 am No. Let them stay in the separate group.

People should also be restricted to 2 posts in N&P per day - otherwise all we have is one type of posts spammed by one person.
I don't see the point in restricting the number of posts. I'm quite capable of scrolling by. Would you say the same about a former member and her "Patriot Post" posts?
Yes I would tell Billie the same thing.
Do you tell Pema to knock it off though?

How does one type of posts 15 times foster conversation?

From my phone I cannot see who posts and the FOE option does not hide posts made by Pema or any of her alts. So I’d be fine with limitations on the number of posts. We already have hundreds of pages with 1-2 replies.
I get tired of that bullshit too. I'm truly interested in actually discussing what is happening politically. That petty shit like the post about POTUS claiming rain was stupid and it helps hide the real stuff going on.

Dan Bishop won, btw.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:43 pm

I don't see the point in restricting the number of posts. I'm quite capable of scrolling by. Would you say the same about a former member and her "Patriot Post" posts?

From my phone I cannot see who posts and the FOE option does not hide posts made by Pema or any of her alts. So I’d be fine with limitations on the number of posts. We already have hundreds of pages with 1-2 replies.
I get tired of that bullshit too. I'm truly interested in actually discussing what is happening politically. That petty shit like the post about POTUS claiming rain was stupid and it helps hide the real stuff going on.

Dan Bishop won, btw.
I saw the alert. I’m at a conference this week for work so I haven’t dug into news. It would be really nice if I could pop on here and see news not just partisan bullshit.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

No. We seem more than capable of insulting each other without pictures.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Dan Bishop won, btw.
Yes he did and I am really disappointed in North Carolina.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:57 am No. Let them stay in the separate group.

People should also be restricted to 2 posts in N&P per day - otherwise all we have is one type of posts spammed by one person.
If I were to agree with number restrictions I would set the number higher than 2, maybe closer to 5. But I do agree that 5 posts in less than 10 minutes multiple times a day could be considered spamming the board. It has been done by certain members for years.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Dan Bishop won, btw.
Both republicans won, and President Trump’s visits to N.C. seemed to help them. Tell us again how unpopular he is.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:46 pm Should memes and gifs be allowed in n&p or should we continue to restrict them to the political memes group?
Skip is a person has more than one account can they vote under each screen name?
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yea, I can’t really control that. I don’t even see who votes unless I dig into the database.
Lexy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:40 pm
12skipafew wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:46 pm Should memes and gifs be allowed in n&p or should we continue to restrict them to the political memes group?
Skip is a person has more than one account can they vote under each screen name?
🤓The Admin 🤓
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Dan Bishop won, btw.
Both republicans won, and President Trump’s visits to N.C. seemed to help them. Tell us again how unpopular he is.
Of course he is popular in North Carolina,a conservative Republican state populated by a whole lot of yahoos who drive beat up loud trucks with rebel flags in the back window , sometimes a rifle.
He speaks to the sleaze , prejudice, homophobia and bigotry there.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:10 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Of course he is popular in North Carolina,a conservative Republican state populated by a whole lot of yahoos who drive beat up loud trucks with rebel flags in the back window , sometimes a rifle.
He speaks to the sleaze , prejudice, homophobia and bigotry there.
Are you serious?
Locked Previous topicNext topic