Any clue how I can prevent this?

Anonymous 4

Unread post

I wouldn't be working for them anymore you seem to have constant problems.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is that your car or theirs? If it’s yours, you probably should make sure that your insurance company knows you’re using it for work, as well as figuring out a solution to the car seat issue.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is the child old enough to understand that she shouldn't do it?

When my boys started doing things they shouldn't with the restraints, I would safely but immediately pull over and tell them 'we aren't moving again until you put that on properly'. I only had to do it once or twice with each kid and they knew I meant business and never did it again.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Screw that. Either they buy a new car seat or you will not drive with her in the car again.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:51 am She does this every time now.

I don’t have the base, I have to use the seatbelt to put her car seat in.

The strap is tight, and I pull it all the way out so that it locks in place but she still puts her legs over the top of it and I can’t imagine that’s safe if we were to get into an accident.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do you have a picture of her buckled into the seat, how she starts out? We have had car seats like that before and I can't imagine how they could physically get their legs up and over if they are properly buckled in and the strap is tight.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

They need to care enough about their child to provide the proper car seat. I would not transport any child that way.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Are you sure you're using the right path for the seat belt? Every one I've used has a special path that goes under the butt and padding so that baby/child is more sitting on the belt and not like in your pic. If you don't have that, I'd get a different car seat.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Rosehawk wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:10 pm Are you sure you're using the right path for the seat belt? Every one I've used has a special path that goes under the butt and padding so that baby/child is more sitting on the belt and not like in your pic. If you don't have that, I'd get a different car seat.
Its an infant carrier. Specifically the nuna. It’s the only place the seatbelt can go.

I’m going to talk to mom about getting another car seat. I know they don’t want to spend the money but it’s unsafe and I just can’t risk it
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:03 am I would tell the parents you're not driving her anymore until they provide a base or a different car seat.
This.
I would not take that risk.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You can buy seatbelt locking covers so she can't unbuckle herself. But I would make the parents buy it.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=car+seat+but ... _sb_noss_2
Locked Previous topicNext topic