Whenever Trump says ‘infested’, we know he’s talking about people of colour

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Mommabearof2 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:23 am I don't understand the problem with him telling the truth about Baltimore. It is an infested city. I'm glad he highlighted it. I live just outside of there and you can't pay me to go into certain areas of it. The people of Baltimore should use this as an opportunity to force their representatives to make real change. The real issue is why don't people want better, safer, cleaner places to raise their families? Do they not feel they are worthy of it?
I see you like that “infested” description too, just like Donnie.
Deleted User 1344

KnotaDinghy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:40 pm This is just pure bullshit.

Baltimore is infested. The Baltimore Sun and local TV news has reported on it for years. That has NOTHING to do with the race of people living there.

IT IS INFESTED.

Bedbugs, live, rats, criminals, filth on the streets. Infested.
Well then... now that Donnie’s fans see that “infested” has been his favorite adjective for decades, it will become his Fans’ favorite word too!
Fascinating.
Deleted User 1344

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:02 am
Mommabearof2 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:23 am I don't understand the problem with him telling the truth about Baltimore. It is an infested city. I'm glad he highlighted it. I live just outside of there and you can't pay me to go into certain areas of it. The people of Baltimore should use this as an opportunity to force their representatives to make real change. The real issue is why don't people want better, safer, cleaner places to raise their families? Do they not feel they are worthy of it?
Your questions at the end show someone who doesn't think much.

I bet you'll stand up for Kushner and the 8000 rental units he has in Baltimore. Maybe slum properties shouldn't qualify for HUD.
Possibly Kushners 8000 units are also “infested”?
( that word is going to show up in his fans’ communications from now on)
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

I'm pretty sick of politicians talking shit about America...

It's their job to help fix it, not talk shit until we all just bicker amongst ourselves.
Deleted User 1393

verb
past tense: infested; past participle: infested; adjective: -infested
(of insects or animals) be present (in a place or site) in large numbers, typically so as to cause damage or disease.
"the house is infested with cockroaches"
synonyms: overrun, spread through, take over, overspread, swarm over, crawl over, run riot over

no indication of color in the definition of the word. TDS
Deleted User 1393

Really? So when Elijah used the word infested to describe the city in 1999 he was racist?
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Ledina60 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:17 am
KnotaDinghy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:40 pm This is just pure bullshit.

Baltimore is infested. The Baltimore Sun and local TV news has reported on it for years. That has NOTHING to do with the race of people living there.

IT IS INFESTED.

Bedbugs, live, rats, criminals, filth on the streets. Infested.
Well then... now that Donnie’s fans see that “infested” has been his favorite adjective for decades, it will become his Fans’ favorite word too!
Fascinating.
No Libby.
I’ve long said Baltimore is covered in shit. I spend time there. I used infested because I was replying about it being infested. The Baltimore Sun reports consistently about the rats and has used Infested often.

Cummings himself has called Baltimore infested. Granted he was talking about drugs but you can interchange drugs, filth, murder, crime, rats .... Baltimore is infested by many things.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Francee89
Regent
Regent

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:57 am
water<wine wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:55 pm Trump January 2017

"And we have the drug lords in Mexico that are knocking the hell out of our country. They are sending drugs to Chicago, Los Angeles, and to New York. Up in New Hampshire – I won New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den"

pssst, New hampshire is 93% white. "infested" is not a dog whistle, no matter how bad you want it to be. now, if democrats automatically associate minorities with infestations, that is on them and them alone.
If he won NH because it's a drug infested den, why didn't he win Chicago, LA, and NY?
He didn’t win New Hampshire - another delusion or lie from him.
Della
Princess
Princess

Francee89 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:30 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:57 am
water<wine wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:55 pm Trump January 2017

"And we have the drug lords in Mexico that are knocking the hell out of our country. They are sending drugs to Chicago, Los Angeles, and to New York. Up in New Hampshire – I won New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den"

pssst, New hampshire is 93% white. "infested" is not a dog whistle, no matter how bad you want it to be. now, if democrats automatically associate minorities with infestations, that is on them and them alone.
If he won NH because it's a drug infested den, why didn't he win Chicago, LA, and NY?
He didn’t win New Hampshire - another delusion or lie from him.
Oh dear...HAHAHA!
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
29again
Regent
Regent

iamanon wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:21 pm Really? So when Elijah used the word infested to describe the city in 1999 he was racist?
I would have to guess that in the past 20 years, a lot of words and phrases have become code somehow, that only the liberal democrats can hear. I know that language changes some over time, phrases gain or lose popularity, but this is getting ridiculous, when every other word in the dictionary is somehow a code word for something.

In all my years, I have NEVER seen the word infested being used as code for black & brown people.... I honestly believe that those who conveniently find all the racism all over are the ones who are the racists.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic