Well, whoooopty F***ing do!👏
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:42 am
Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am
Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:26 am

Yes because that person is clearly stupid too. It really isn't hard to avoid a DUI and that he was risking it
How was he stupid? He called for a ride. He walked outside, realized it was chilly, and decided to grab a hoodie from his car. He hit the unlock button and a cop came up to him. They were watching him leave. He explained he was waiting on his friend to come get him and just wanted his hoodie. The friend showed up while they were doing the field sobriety test. They arrested him anyway. Oh and they let him grab his hoodie. The friend showed them the text messages asking for a ride. All of it was even brought up in court. But small town justice didn’t care.
Anyone with a working brain knows you dont risk it by walking to your car while drunk with the keys. That is stupid.

Things like that dont happen when you are drinking responsibly
He hadn’t even made it to his car. He pushed the button. It is perfectly legal to climb in the backseat while you are drunk. You just can’t be in the drivers seat. The cop had no idea where he was going. He didn’t know the intent of this guy. I’ve walked out to my car plenty of times after a drink or two. I’ve walked out ahead of my husband and sat in the passenger seat to wait for him.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can kind of see where you are coming from, because it's horrible for people to drive drunk. It's dangerous, and very stupid.

How long ago was it that this happened? If he was very young, and it only happened once, I would tell him how I feel about things like that, but I wouldn't have ended the relationship. I think that was a bit rash. However, I'm not you, and you feel how you feel. If you feel it was best for you, and you made the right choice, then that's fine. You just shouldn't judge people by mistakes they have made in the past. Everyone makes mistakes.

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am
Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 am I had a coworker go out to his car after leaving a bar. He was getting something out of it before his ride arrived. He was arrested for DUI. This was about ten years ago. Would you hold that against him?
Yes because that person is clearly stupid too. It really isn't hard to avoid a DUI and that he was risking it
How was he stupid? He called for a ride. He walked outside, realized it was chilly, and decided to grab a hoodie from his car. He hit the unlock button and a cop came up to him. They were watching him leave. He explained he was waiting on his friend to come get him and just wanted his hoodie. The friend showed up while they were doing the field sobriety test. They arrested him anyway. Oh and they let him grab his hoodie. The friend showed them the text messages asking for a ride. All of it was even brought up in court. But small town justice didn’t care.
That's as ridiculous as when of one of our judges was charged with DUI for sleeping it off in the backseat of his car after a Christmas party.

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:40 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:31 am

So he deserved to go to jail to get something out of his car? He deserved to have his record stained because he needed something out of his car? He deserved to be out lawyer fees and fines because he needed something out of his car?

See you are just hateful and don't like people to drink period. This statement proves that
You dont go to your car with your keys while you are drunk. Every intelligent person knows that. It is a risk that only an idiot would take.

I never said I dont like drinking, again just just making more dumb assumptions
How else do you unlock your car? Does your key fob work hundreds of feet away?
Reedusstalker

Unread post

MY BM had a DUI years ago. She's still a good person, she just had a lot going on at the time and didn't handle it well. Your life, your choice.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't think I have ever seen you say anything that was not a sweeping generalization. My GMIL is not high and mighty at all. She knows that we drink and does not say anything to us or anyone else. She does not like alcohol, however she does accept that we drink. We, as a family do not drink in front of her even though she would be fine with it.
I don't know anyone that acts like you describe...we have friends that are tee totalers and we drink in front of them. They have never said anything condemning to us. Apparently, your circle sucks if you cannot realize that not everyone that does not like alcohol acts condemningly.

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 am
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:58 am Many tee totalers have their reasons and it doesn't make them boring. Some lived with alcoholic parents and were abused or neglected by them, some have had people they love killed by drunk drivers, and others like my GMIL were beaten by 2 husbands that drank too much. She left one, and the last one she hit with a skillet after a beating from him. It was the last time he ever drank alcohol and they lived happily ever after until he died from cancer 22.5 years ago.
Do I think the OP was rash? Maybe so.. however, I have to agree with her that drinking and driving is horrible and there is no reason at all to take the risk. He had a DUI so the odds are he was pretty drunk or high..it is pretty rare that someone that tests above the limit is sober. There is so much risk involved to the driver, any passengers and innocent people on the road to risk it IMO. For the OP to have that visceral of a reaction to him having a DUI, she probably has had someone she loved or knew injured or killed by someone under the influence.

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:23 am

oh so you are a tee totaler. I would tell that guy to RUN from you. Tee totalers are so boring
No, they are boring and high and mighty whatever their reasons. I had an alcoholic father-but I still drink. I don't care if others drink. I just don't have my panties crammed up my ass. Because I can separate the difference between drinking responsibly and being an alcoholic/irresponsible drinker.

The tee totalers I know don't ever see a difference. Someone who has one cocktail at dinner with friends in their eyes is JUST as bad as the guy drinking a 12 pack every night of his life and then beating his wife and kids. They see no difference. Trust me, I know. My inlaws are tee totalers and they acted like I murdered God in front of them because I wanted a glass of wine with Thanksgiving dinner.

I have no tolerance for people like that
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
RedBottoms

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:12 am I don't think I have ever seen you say anything that was not a sweeping generalization. My GMIL is not high and mighty at all. She knows that we drink and does not say anything to us or anyone else. She does not like alcohol, however she does accept that we drink. We, as a family do not drink in front of her even though she would be fine with it.
I don't know anyone that acts like you describe...we have friends that are tee totalers and we drink in front of them. They have never said anything condemning to us. Apparently, your circle sucks if you cannot realize that not everyone that does not like alcohol acts condemningly.

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 am
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:58 am Many tee totalers have their reasons and it doesn't make them boring. Some lived with alcoholic parents and were abused or neglected by them, some have had people they love killed by drunk drivers, and others like my GMIL were beaten by 2 husbands that drank too much. She left one, and the last one she hit with a skillet after a beating from him. It was the last time he ever drank alcohol and they lived happily ever after until he died from cancer 22.5 years ago.
Do I think the OP was rash? Maybe so.. however, I have to agree with her that drinking and driving is horrible and there is no reason at all to take the risk. He had a DUI so the odds are he was pretty drunk or high..it is pretty rare that someone that tests above the limit is sober. There is so much risk involved to the driver, any passengers and innocent people on the road to risk it IMO. For the OP to have that visceral of a reaction to him having a DUI, she probably has had someone she loved or knew injured or killed by someone under the influence.

No, they are boring and high and mighty whatever their reasons. I had an alcoholic father-but I still drink. I don't care if others drink. I just don't have my panties crammed up my ass. Because I can separate the difference between drinking responsibly and being an alcoholic/irresponsible drinker.

The tee totalers I know don't ever see a difference. Someone who has one cocktail at dinner with friends in their eyes is JUST as bad as the guy drinking a 12 pack every night of his life and then beating his wife and kids. They see no difference. Trust me, I know. My inlaws are tee totalers and they acted like I murdered God in front of them because I wanted a glass of wine with Thanksgiving dinner.

I have no tolerance for people like that
Why do you feel the need not to drink in front of GMIL? If she is so cool about it, then why not drink in front of her?

And yes my inlaws suck so you are right on that account.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:41 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:31 am
Guest wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:30 am

I've always posted Anon. Why can't you stop yourself from making stupid assumptions?
why? scared?
Because I like to
because you don't and can't and won't own your own comments or posts because you are a coward. That is why
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would have done the same thing. Especially only a few months into the relationship. I have very very few deal breakers but alcohol is one thing I just don't bend on. If you can't be 100% responsible with your alcohol consumption then I'm not going to be involved with you. End of story.
Locked Previous topicNext topic