I broke up with him when I found out he had a DUI

sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Was he actually convicted or just arrested? I know several people who have been arrested for a DUI and were not under the influence. Including my brother who was simply driving slowly on a night where there were many drunk drivers on the road. He was so far below the legal limit he was at almost zero.
You also have nothing to forgive him for so to say it's 100% unforgivable is ridiculous. It's good that he will now be able to find someone else.
AnnOhn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I would also break up with him. I wouldn’t want to waste my time with someone who exercises poor judgement.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Maggie wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:47 amI would never be with someone that makes stupid, careless, potentially life altering decisions like drinking and driving.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm older so for me it would matter when this happened. If it was in his youth and it was only once, no one was hurt, not a deal breaker. If he's 40 and got a DUI last month we're done.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd do the same
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Maybe when I’m perfect I will do the same.

I don’t drink at all but I sure as hell make a buttload of mistakes.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I think that is an overreaction but whatever. If it was years and years ago and maybe he was really young or going through a bad patch-but is nothing like that now-its not worth writing someone completely off in that case. I know a guy with two DUIs that ended up going to the military and coming back a different person. Military straitened his ass out. He went to college with his GI bill and got a good job and married and settled down and had two kids and adopted his Stepdaughter etc. So his wife did not write him off for a dumb young mistake. And now they are very happy.

But if you don't want to take a chance-its better you break up with him now and he can find someone else that is not so strict.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:58 pm
Sure wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:55 pm Unless someone you know was killed in a dui accident, I don’t see how this would be a deal breaker. I bet a large majority of people you meet have been over the legal limit and drove but didn’t get caught.
Most of my friends dont even drink socially. So I highly doubt that. I would not be friends with anyone if I found out they had driven drunk. It is unacceptable to me.
oh so you are a tee totaler. I would tell that guy to RUN from you. Tee totalers are so boring

Unread post

I would have done the same thing. All these women saying you shouldn't have done it just because he made a mistake are ridiculous. A mistake is losing your keys, drinking and getting behind the wheel of a vehicle is a deliberate selfish act that could have killed someone.
Locked Previous topicNext topic