Is hating to cook, bake, clean a character flaw?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:38 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:32 am Hating it? No. Not doing it? Yes. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to because that's life.
As long as everyone is fed why does it matter who is cooking the meals?
I think you can outsource many things, and believe me I do 😂, but if you’re feeding your kids nothing but fast food and frozen dinners that’s the functional dietary equivalent of living in a roach infested trailer. If they’re getting a healthy, well-balanced diet than I agree it doesn’t matter who is cooking.
it isn't like everyone cooks healthy anyway. I grew up in the south on fried chicken, hot water cornbread, po boys and sweet tea
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Imo yes
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't think it is a character flaw...That said, it is begins to affect your daily life, or spouse's/SO's, or your child(rens) lives..it is a different matter altogehter IMO.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

No. But eating shit good and feeding shit to your kids because you can’t deal with it is.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:58 pmImo yes
Why
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:57 pm

I think you can outsource many things, and believe me I do 😂, but if you’re feeding your kids nothing but fast food and frozen dinners that’s the functional dietary equivalent of living in a roach infested trailer. If they’re getting a healthy, well-balanced diet than I agree it doesn’t matter who is cooking.
it isn't like everyone cooks healthy anyway. I grew up in the south on fried chicken, hot water cornbread, po boys and sweet tea
If you’re feeding your family a bunch of garbage food (no matter who prepares it) you aren’t doing your job......just because others do the same doesn’t mean it’s ok.

I despise cleaning, but when my housekeeper was away last week and my normal alternate wasn’t available I put on my big girl panties and did what I needed to do.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Only if your daily life and that of people under your legal care and responsibility suffers for it. Or, in other words, if your house is clean and your family isn't hungry, I really don't think it matters who does the chores. Outsource it, make an arrangement with your family, do whatever works.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:54 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:57 pm

If you’re feeding your family a bunch of garbage food (no matter who prepares it) you aren’t doing your job......just because others do the same doesn’t mean it’s ok.

I despise cleaning, but when my housekeeper was away last week and my normal alternate wasn’t available I put on my big girl panties and did what I needed to do.
I do what I need to do. I just don't have to like it. We eat a lot of salad
Anonymous 8

Unread post

No not a character flaw. Many of us do all those things because we are sensible adults and realize that those things need to be done ESPECIALLY if we have children who depend on us.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:32 am Hating it? No. Not doing it? Yes. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to because that's life.
Well no one said they were doing that. There are meals one can make quickly. Stir fry comes to mind. Throw things in a crock pot. A person can hate to cook and still manage something.
Locked Previous topicNext topic