Reaching out to “family”

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:05 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:01 am
Smarties wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:56 am I don't know how many times I'd try. I've never been in that situation. But I won't scorn people for good intentions, and it seems like their intentions are probably good. If I really didn't want a relationship with them I'd just ignore the letters and move on with my day.
I write “return to sender” on everything I get in the mail. I just keep thinking this is the year they’ll get the hint. And it never is!

So start tossing them and don't worry about it. Do you get upset over getting junk mail? It's junk mail. Toss it and move on.
I’m not necessarily upset. Mostly confused
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:06 am

I write “return to sender” on everything I get in the mail. I just keep thinking this is the year they’ll get the hint. And it never is!

So start tossing them and don't worry about it. Do you get upset over getting junk mail? It's junk mail. Toss it and move on.

I wouldn't give it anymore headspace.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would continue you reaching out. You can't have a relationship if you don't try and they're obviously hoping you will change your mind. They obviously have feelings for you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:48 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:38 am If it was a family reunion, I would likely send them an invite, every single year, unless there is more to the story and you specifically requested me not to. But if you were just ignoring the invites, I'd keep inviting you to let you know you are always welcome if it fits in your life and schedule now.
I get cards that I started writing “return to sender” messages I ignore. Texts I block. In July all the time.
I don't think people know when you block them, but if I knew you specifically went to the effort to "return to sender"or basically communicating "f**k your invite". Idk, I might leave you alone OR I might keep sending them to you just to mess with you, Idk, I'd have to have all the details.
There aren’t many details. I don’t talk to my father and decided that I didn’t want anything to do with any of those relatives.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:07 am I would continue you reaching out. You can't have a relationship if you don't try and they're obviously hoping you will change your mind. They obviously have feelings for you.
I return letters to sender and never respond, I’m not going to change. They don’t even know me
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:11 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:07 am I would continue you reaching out. You can't have a relationship if you don't try and they're obviously hoping you will change your mind. They obviously have feelings for you.
I return letters to sender and never respond, I’m not going to change. They don’t even know me
Can't blame them for trying.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:09 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:48 am

I get cards that I started writing “return to sender” messages I ignore. Texts I block. In July all the time.
I don't think people know when you block them, but if I knew you specifically went to the effort to "return to sender"or basically communicating "f**k your invite". Idk, I might leave you alone OR I might keep sending them to you just to mess with you, Idk, I'd have to have all the details.
There aren’t many details. I don’t talk to my father and decided that I didn’t want anything to do with any of those relatives.
Some people, as they age, decide they care more about their biological family. Most of us are not the same person we were 20 years ago, or even 10 years ago. I am VERY different than my sister, as I suspect many of your dad's relatives are very different than him, so they may be thinking you will change your mind and want to know a little about them, maybe they are curious about you as well. You haven't provided any evidence that what they are doing is based in malice or evilness. Although I appreciate, it's your choice to make and I'm an introvert, so I clearly relate to your choice, I just don't understand why you seem so exacerbated as to their continued persistence. Is that difficult to take 5-15 minutes a year to decline?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:20 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:09 am

Some people, as they age, decide they care more about their biological family. Most of us are not the same person we were 20 years ago, or even 10 years ago. I am VERY different than my sister, as I suspect many of your dad's relatives are very different than him, so they may be thinking you will change your mind and want to know a little about them, maybe they are curious about you as well. You haven't provided any evidence that what they are doing is based in malice or evilness. Although I appreciate, it's your choice to make and I'm an introvert, so I clearly relate to your choice, I just don't understand why you seem so exacerbated as to their continued persistence. Is that difficult to take 5-15 minutes a year to decline?
I’m not, I just thought eventually they’d give up. I guess not. They are allowed to keep trying and I’m allowed to keep saying no. I don’t think they are evil, just persistent.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:06 am

What's confusing? These people have been given no reason for how you treat them, you haven't fought with them, and you refuse to be an adult and have a conversion to actually tell them you don't want to be part of their family. How do they know you haven't moved and that's why you don't respond to cards/letters/mail? They don't know what's going on in your life or what you might be dealing with BECAUSE YOU DON'T COMMUNICATE WITH THEM.

Be an adult and tell them your thoughts. People can't read minds. Stop being confused.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

twice maybe 3 times at the most
Locked Previous topicNext topic