Am I wrong?

Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If you are going there anyway, whats the problem? Is it because its your ex-dh wife's kid?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:29 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:06 pm Does your son play also that day and thats why they asked you?
Yes practice is at the same time, three nights a week
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:08 pm IMHO, yes, you’re wrong. You’re going there anyway. If it was any other kid on the team, you’d likely help out.
I’d probably help out but not 3 days a week every week. They can drive to my house, they can keep going. I don’t want to be responsible for that child
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:14 pm If you are going there anyway, whats the problem? Is it because its your ex-dh wife's kid?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:29 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:06 pm Does your son play also that day and thats why they asked you?
Yes practice is at the same time, three nights a week
I’m not going to be responsible for any other child 3 nights a week. And yes, specifically that child. I run my child around with no help all the time. They both have cars, and friends, figure it out. I’m not an option
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I see nothing wrong with a woman not wanting to cart around her ex husband's new wife's child. Who the heck wants to care for someone else's kid...let alone her ex husband's new step kid? wth

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:05 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:08 pm IMHO, yes, you’re wrong. You’re going there anyway. If it was any other kid on the team, you’d likely help out.
I’d probably help out but not 3 days a week every week. They can drive to my house, they can keep going. I don’t want to be responsible for that child
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

She's not wrong for setting boundaries. If she's not comfortable doing it, then she shouldn't be made to do it or made to feel awful for not doing it.
I shit glitter
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:55 am
She's not wrong for setting boundaries. If she's not comfortable doing it, then she shouldn't be made to do it or made to feel awful for not doing it.
To oversimplify, Helping people is good and not helping people is bad; it is a common moral value that many people share. The whole concept is the foundation for majority of human behaviors, treat thy neighbor as you want to be treated. She should not be made to do anything, but most of us, face the emotional consequence when breaking social moral values, it’s a GOOD thing to feel that, guilt, “awfulness” whatever.

The family has not requested other favors. They are not asking her to sacrifice anything like money or extra time or gas. Setting boundaries is necessary for many things, but they are driving to practice anyway...what exactly must she protect herself and family from?

I drive kids, that are not mine, to and from practice, and it is not difficult or taxing at all. It is what is best for the team; it helps other parents who may be struggling with other work or life responsibilities. It feels good to help. Maybe that is why I find her attitude so off putting, idk.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:17 am
To oversimplify, Helping people is good and not helping people is bad; it is a common moral value that many people share. The whole concept is the foundation for majority of human behaviors, treat thy neighbor as you want to be treated. She should not be made to do anything, but most of us, face the emotional consequence when breaking social moral values, it’s a GOOD thing to feel that, guilt, “awfulness” whatever.

The family has not requested other favors. They are not asking her to sacrifice anything like money or extra time or gas. Setting boundaries is necessary for many things, but they are driving to practice anyway...what exactly must she protect herself and family from?

I drive kids, that are not mine, to and from practice, and it is not difficult or taxing at all. It is what is best for the team; it helps other parents who may be struggling with other work or life responsibilities. It feels good to help. Maybe that is why I find her attitude so off putting, idk.
That's you and your comfort level op has hers.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I do and will help other people. I am not comfortable with this particular child being at my home or in my care for any amount of time. I would not sign my child up for something that I had to depend on someone else to drive all the time. Occasional favors for some people are ok, but being the main transportation for me, isnt going to happen.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:42 am

I do and will help other people. I am not comfortable with this particular child being at my home or in my care for any amount of time. I would not sign my child up for something that I had to depend on someone else to drive all the time. Occasional favors for some people are ok, but being the main transportation for me, isnt going to happen.
Is this the woman he left you for? If it is, I don't think anyone could blame you for this unreasonable stance. If she is the one who stole your husband, it takes colossal balls on her part to ask you for anything, ever.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:59 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:42 am

Is this the woman he left you for? If it is, I don't think anyone could blame you for this unreasonable stance. If she is the one who stole your husband, it takes colossal balls on her part to ask you for anything, ever.
I don’t think the stance is unreasonable. I don’t do things I don’t want to do.
Locked Previous topicNext topic