DH is angry at me because I refused to take care of his kids during the week

madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree there's no purpose of then being there if they can't spend time with him.
i want candy!
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:10 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:16 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:10 pm Those poor kids. I really hate to hear step parents who knowingly married a partner with children behave this way. “My kids, his kids”. What ever happened to OUR kids. Ugh
It sucks for the dad as well not only does he have to support his wife but in order for him to have his kids he has to pay for day care on top of paying child support.
He doesnt support me.

Uh huh 😕
I shit glitter
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:10 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:16 pm

It sucks for the dad as well not only does he have to support his wife but in order for him to have his kids he has to pay for day care on top of paying child support.
He doesnt support me.

Uh huh 😕
We split finances and each contribute
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

How old are the kids? I would help out for a couple weeks. You married into this and it sounds like you don't work so its expected you would help with his kids. Not every day though and if he works all week then his summer visits need to be shortened to something reasonable.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:35 pm How old are the kids? I would help out for a couple weeks. You married into this and it sounds like you don't work so its expected you would help with his kids. Not every day though and if he works all week then his summer visits need to be shortened to something reasonable.
This.

There is no way I would support a grown adult that can't do anything to help out.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:35 pm How old are the kids? I would help out for a couple weeks. You married into this and it sounds like you don't work so its expected you would help with his kids. Not every day though and if he works all week then his summer visits need to be shortened to something reasonable.
8 and 9

I dont mind helping. I dont care if they come for a few weeks just not every single week. DH wants them there the whole summer even though he isnt willing to take any time off
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I will watch my stepkids in a jam but no way would I ever watch them in your scenario. I have a 6 month old and so not trying to deal with them on top of my 10 year old alone.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am not surprised you miss the meaning of “poor kids”. I expect nothing less from you based on your post. Again, those poor kids.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:12 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:10 pm Those poor kids. I really hate to hear step parents who knowingly married a partner with children behave this way. “My kids, his kids”. What ever happened to OUR kids. Ugh
The poor kids that are spending the summer doing fun things with their mom? Lol

There is nothing wrong with thinking they should be able to spend time with their mom or dad.

The fact is that they are not "our" kids... They have a mom who they live with the majority of the time.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:36 pm I never understand these posts. You marry a man with young kids and then are baffled that they are there? Whatever. That said if he is working all summer and you don't want them he should have signed them up for a camp so they could have some fun activities. He failed by assuming you would sit with them.
I don't get it either. Do they think the step kids magically disappear after the wedding?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:41 pm I will watch my stepkids in a jam but no way would I ever watch them in your scenario. I have a 6 month old and so not trying to deal with them on top of my 10 year old alone.
Color me shocked. You can't stand your stepkids or your oldest child
Locked Previous topicNext topic