Your home paint colors—do they reflect you?

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:33 pm I hate brightly colored walls. It always looks tacky. Our house is neutrals with lots of colored accents.

We did have bright walls. I don't think they were tacky, but they did feel dated quickly.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

My house has an open floor plan on 2 floors. So the main floor (kitchen, dining room, living room) are gray w/ white trim, but in my defense, I picked gray BEFORE it was trendy.

Downstairs is more of a riot of color. there's barn reds, almond color, & a dark green. 2nd kitchen/dining room is almond, living room is dark green w/ barn red accent walls.

Bedrooms & bathrooms are all personal choices. I'm the only female in my house, so the guest room is my "girly room". It's pink & the bathroom is a robin egg blue mixed with glitter. Yes, glitter. You can't see it at all during the day, but at night, it's like being in a disney underwater scene. Everything sparkles.

The Master bedroom is a dark dark dark dark gray because dh works nights, so the room needed to be dark during the day. The master bathroom is a rich dark dark blue. It gets massive amounts of light, so I went dark.

Ds's room is a blue/gray that he picked out. Almost has a purple tinge to it in the right light. My laundry room has 4 big windows, lots of light, so I painted it a sunset/sunrise peach color. The color of the room changes as the sun moves during the day. Starts as pale peach in the mornings, a bright orangy tint mid afternoon, and a firey orange sunset color in late afternoon.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We've painted every room of our house at this point. All colors we like.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LOL no. They're white with my daughter's hand prints on the walls bc it won't scrub off of this cheap paint.

My ideal colors are grey and teal.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I love grey and beige for common areas like the living room. I like neutral colors that allow me to adjust my surrounds without having to repaint.
I have blue furniture so I went with a grey in my living room. I do have beige in my hall but it’s half beige and half burgundy. I like how both colors complement each other and it’s a good balance.
My kitchen is interesting. It’s a dark deep orange like color that complements my cherry cabinets. It has a beige accent wall.
My boys wanted their room painted recently and we picked a deep navy blue. I love it! We may do our bedroom in that color.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I we have light and dark greys, the kids bath is hot pinks and teal, our bath is a dark violet and dark grey, oldest daughter is dark grey and a shade of teal and youngest daughter picked OKC Thunder colors, launder room is a bright sunny yellow and I have yet to do our master.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

each of the 5 bedrooms are painted a different color, I don't decide what color my kids rooms are (except babies). It's not my room, it's and they should be happy and comfortable with it. The common spaces upstairs are light gray, and downstairs the common area well that's all dh. I guess the colors reflect everyone who lives in this house
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:47 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:33 pm I hate brightly colored walls. It always looks tacky. Our house is neutrals with lots of colored accents.

We did have bright walls. I don't think they were tacky, but they did feel dated quickly.
I was worried about this. But I am trying to just do a couple of accent walls with majority of walls “compatible cream” which has warm gold/yellow undertones. We shall see, hubby promised me if we tire of it, I can just re-do some areas. And I know we will have to bring some one back in a few years without DD outgrows her pink phase!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can understand that perspective, especially with neon colors. I feel a little bit of that with DD’s pink room. It’s almost a bit assaulting to my visual senses. But she loves it, lol.

Neutrals are always a safe bet, show room like! I bet it looks lovely.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:51 pm I we have light and dark greys, the kids bath is hot pinks and teal, our bath is a dark violet and dark grey, oldest daughter is dark grey and a shade of teal and youngest daughter picked OKC Thunder colors, launder room is a bright sunny yellow and I have yet to do our master.
I struggled with the bathrooms! It was a hard decision. I LOVE yellows & golds, always a favorite.
Locked Previous topicNext topic