Is not speaking to someone disrespectful ?

Unread post

WickedLauraBelle wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:20 pm Depends. If a child isn’t speaking to a parent or adult yes. What I mean is if I’m the adult and 12 year old Susie is mad at me and not speaking to me but I ask her a question she better damn well answer me. If she just doesn’t want to chit chat fine. But if she is down right ignoring me. That is disrespectful.
If asked a direct question they answer but they don’t say anything to each other, no direct questions or anything
Masonmansmommy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Not speaking when spoken to could be construed as disrespect.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

yup. My SO dd use to walk into our home without speaking to me and I told him that its unacceptable

Unread post

Masonmansmommy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:38 pm Not speaking when spoken to could be construed as disrespect.
But only speaking when spoken to is not, and if no one speaks. Is it fine?
Masonmansmommy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I guess it’s not if both parties are cool with not speaking.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes, it's rude to ignore someone who's speaking to you. At least say something like "I'm not going to discuss this or anything else with you."

Completely ignoring someone is childish as well as rude.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
...MyLove...

Unread post

Not if not speaking will keep you from saying something you could later regret.
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:38 pm
WickedLauraBelle wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:20 pm Depends. If a child isn’t speaking to a parent or adult yes. What I mean is if I’m the adult and 12 year old Susie is mad at me and not speaking to me but I ask her a question she better damn well answer me. If she just doesn’t want to chit chat fine. But if she is down right ignoring me. That is disrespectful.
If asked a direct question they answer but they don’t say anything to each other, no direct questions or anything
Then I don't see it as disrespectful if they just don't talk to each other as long as when asked a question they answer each other.
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As long as one speaks when spoken to, it's fine. Not forcing talk neither would rather have is not, to me anyway, under the category of disrespect.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So, step son and step father don't get along?

And they've decided the best way to deal with the situation is to not speak to each other?

I don't know if I'd call it disrespectful but it's definitely dysfunctional.
Locked Previous topicNext topic