My neighbor doesn't like that we don't mow the lawn

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:16 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:13 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:05 pm Are you the one who plays loud music and shoots guns on your property and the neighbor complained but there was nothing he could do?
We hunt on our property but no to the loud music
Did you shoot buffalo for your wedding reception?
No
Anonymous 20

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:05 pm Are you the one who plays loud music and shoots guns on your property and the neighbor complained but there was nothing he could do?
Lol is she here?
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That yard looks like a dream vacation for a family of ticks... Good luck with that mess.

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 20 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:08 am

Lol is she here?
I dont know but I figured I would ask anyway, hehe
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Lmao. So much hate for natural yards!

I’m not at all opposed to alternative lawns. I like the look of letting native wild grasses grow. And moss lawns. A big part of our front yard is a butterfly/bee garden with a lot of native wildflowers and things many people would consider “weeds” (thistle, milkweed, wild carrot, etc). Our yard is FULL of dandelions in the spring and we just enjoy them, not douse it in herbicide.

I don’t love the look of yards that just aren’t cared for, though! The pictures you posted aren’t just people who stopped mowing, ya know. There’s a difference between lazy and natural.

Plant some native perennials. Have some areas of taller native grasses or shrubs. Edge or have a path through to your door. Put a buffer of shorter grass around the house to reduce pests and make your yard look cared-for-but-natural and not our-lawnmower-broke-and-we-can’t-afford-a-new-one. And one near the road as well, which is protective to wildlife so they don’t exit their habitat directly under car tires and people walking don’t feel like snakes will bit their ankles when they pass your house. Find an attractive sign that says “pollinator-friendly yard” or “native plant yard” so that people know it’s intentional, especially as it’s growing out from the previously planted grasses and looking kind of ratty.

You can be eco friendly AND a good neighbor!
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Mommy_jules wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 am
MeAF wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:23 am I love how the laws are always different in Trollville!
I’m guessing she’s a troll, but I live in an unincorporated area, and there really aren’t any laws or rules about things like that. When we rehabbed our house, including building the shop, we only had to get one $50 permit, and that was to have the culverts put in by the county for the driveway for the shop. The only reason there is a permit for that is because they are in the county easement and set them in line with the others.
We live in unincorporated area as well. I’m glad we don’t have any laws about mowing our yard, because DH just mowed it for the second time this year just a few days ago. We need a bush hog instead of a riding lawn mower. This is some of our yard before DH mowed it.41424C69-3E38-4473-8AD0-7808C74846E2.jpeg
That's beautiful! How much land do you have? Which state?
Anonymous 9

Unread post

You hunt on 4 acres?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:51 am
You hunt on 4 acres?
If we see the opportunity yes. We also have permission to hunt on the land behind us too. Everyone around here hunts including the neighbor who has an issue with the lawn
Shell7m
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Do you guys have a walkway mowed through like the first picture. Those areas are trimmed and thinned so they grow and dont strangle each other.
Are yall doing that? Or are you just letting it look like you could hid a car in the tall grass??
There IS a difference.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:53 am
Mommy_jules wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 am

I’m guessing she’s a troll, but I live in an unincorporated area, and there really aren’t any laws or rules about things like that. When we rehabbed our house, including building the shop, we only had to get one $50 permit, and that was to have the culverts put in by the county for the driveway for the shop. The only reason there is a permit for that is because they are in the county easement and set them in line with the others.
We live in unincorporated area as well. I’m glad we don’t have any laws about mowing our yard, because DH just mowed it for the second time this year just a few days ago. We need a bush hog instead of a riding lawn mower. This is some of our yard before DH mowed it.41424C69-3E38-4473-8AD0-7808C74846E2.jpeg
That's beautiful! How much land do you have? Which state?
Almost 5 acres...Alabama
Locked Previous topicNext topic