I feel like such a F***ing failure

destinyangl21
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:07 am
Bubbs wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:47 pm Yes. She put herself in the situation.

I disagree completely. There is no reason in the world to stay miserable. If her husband is running up credit card debt in her name, that’s financial abuse, no one should stay in that situation. It’s money, not worth more than long term happiness.
If I remember correctly she ran up the debt they have and now she's taking money to pay the debt with and he doesn't think he should have to pay for the debt. Not saying that she shouldn't file for bankruptcy or that he's not a horrible person but she got herself into this situation.
No. I was paying for groceries and other things for his children. I had to take out personal loans when I was on maternity leave and also to cover expenses because I do not live with my husbands family for free. Then my daughter came, which was NOT PLANNED, but a blessing and for months I had to scrape by to pay for basics because what I was making wanlsnt covering enough.

I also for six months because my old job overplayed me 5k and wouldn't take the money in one lump sum from my bank account, only paid me $80 twice a month. For three months I didnt bonus so I had to pay my household expenses, formula, get diapers, take care of my baby somehow.

Things change in a year.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

destinyangl21 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:29 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:15 pm
destinyangl21 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:22 pm

I make too much to get assistance and currently we are 60k in debt. Most of the debt is in my name.
How did you get 60k in debt while living with family?
I dont live here for free. We pay half of all the expenses for the house. So its 1600 plus the cost of food.
How is that cheaper than renting an apartment for $800 a month?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

destinyangl21 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:35 pm

I disagree completely. There is no reason in the world to stay miserable. If her husband is running up credit card debt in her name, that’s financial abuse, no one should stay in that situation. It’s money, not worth more than long term happiness.
If I remember correctly she ran up the debt they have and now she's taking money to pay the debt with and he doesn't think he should have to pay for the debt. Not saying that she shouldn't file for bankruptcy or that he's not a horrible person but she got herself into this situation.
No. I was paying for groceries and other things for his children. I had to take out personal loans when I was on maternity leave and also to cover expenses because I do not live with my husbands family for free. Then my daughter came, which was NOT PLANNED, but a blessing and for months I had to scrape by to pay for basics because what I was making wanlsnt covering enough.

I also for six months because my old job overplayed me 5k and wouldn't take the money in one lump sum from my bank account, only paid me $80 twice a month. For three months I didnt bonus so I had to pay my household expenses, formula, get diapers, take care of my baby somehow.

Things change in a year.
Does your DH work?
You need to get out of there. Like right now.

You have two choices:
Make moves
Make excuses

You decide. Its only your life that hangs in the balance.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:37 pm
destinyangl21 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:35 pm

Things change in a year.
Does your DH work?
You need to get out of there. Like right now.

You have two choices:
Make moves
Make excuses

You decide. Its only your life that hangs in the balance.
In another thread of her that someone bumped she mentioned that he makes 42k and she makes 60k.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

A yacht would make me happy long term. Should I go buy one and then just not pay for it because my happiness is paramount to my responsibility? Because that’s exactly what you’re saying.
Bubbs wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:18 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:11 am What ever happened to personal responsibility? Those are HER debts. Nobody else should be responsible for them. I’m flabbergasted that people like you don’t think she should have to pay what she owes.

There’s two types of bankruptcies, one every thing is discharged. And the other is debt consolidation.
Personal responsibility is important, but not at the sake of long term happiness. It sounds like an abusive situation and I think some she use every avenue available to get themselves out of that.
Jlop0004
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Can you move in with your mom and dad? Sorry I didn't have time to read through all these posts.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:13 am A yacht would make me happy long term. Should I go buy one and then just not pay for it because my happiness is paramount to my responsibility? Because that’s exactly what you’re saying.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:11 am What ever happened to personal responsibility? Those are HER debts. Nobody else should be responsible for them. I’m flabbergasted that people like you don’t think she should have to pay what she owes.

There’s two types of bankruptcies, one every thing is discharged. And the other is debt consolidation.
Personal responsibility is important, but not at the sake of long term happiness. It sounds like an abusive situation and I think some she use every avenue available to get themselves out of that.
Should someone stay in an abusive situation because they cannot afford to leave? Because that’s what it sounds like you are saying.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

You didn’t answer my question. Answer mine if you’d like me to answer yours.
Bubbs wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:18 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:13 am A yacht would make me happy long term. Should I go buy one and then just not pay for it because my happiness is paramount to my responsibility? Because that’s exactly what you’re saying.

Should someone stay in an abusive situation because they cannot afford to leave? Because that’s what it sounds like you are saying.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:32 am You didn’t answer my question. Answer mine if you’d like me to answer yours.
Bubbs wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:18 am

No, I don’t believe someone should buy things they cannot afford with no intention of paying for it. But, people do it every day. I didn’t answer because if you chose to do that, who am I to tell you not to?
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Apples to cheeseburgers again.
Not at all the same situation.
Come back when you have an inkling of what an abused woman goes through, then we'll talk.
Locked Previous topicNext topic