The kids were right!

Anonymous 3

Unread post

I learned a longggggggg time ago to ALWAYS pick up and shake the boxes in my pantry and kitchen cabinets.
But I also go through my caninets, pantry, fridge and deep freezers once a week and throw away empty or old forgotten food that may have been pushed in the back.
Have fun on your big shopping trip
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've had that happen a few times. I think the kids are just complaining and I go look and it's like "well..." I don't buy a lot of boxed stuff, but things like bread, fruit, veggies, eggs.. they go quick.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:11 am That has happened many times in my 22yrs of being a mom.
I hate that. I just threw out seven empty boxes out of my pantry and an empty pizza box out if my freezer this morning. Really they put a box back in the freezer, but can't remember to put the milk back in the fridge unless it is almost empty.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It sounds like the kids also need to learn to throw things away when they are done. They could eat the leftovers.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It sounds like the kids also need to learn to throw things away when they are done. They could eat the leftovers.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:53 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:11 am That has happened many times in my 22yrs of being a mom.
I hate that. I just threw out seven empty boxes out of my pantry and an empty pizza box out if my freezer this morning. Really they put a box back in the freezer, but can't remember to put the milk back in the fridge unless it is almost empty.
That's because it's not actually a "can't remember."
Anonymous 4

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:50 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:27 am I have never had this happen. But I love grocery shopping, lol,
Me neither. I grew up food insecure so I tend to overbuy food.
I grew up being on a constant "diet" and food restrictions. Needless to say I have serious food issues and disordered eating. I think I over-compensate by making sure my kiddos have an abundance of snacks, food choices and options without the guilt associated like I had and still have. I tend to overbuy too. Its shocking how much they way we eat as children influences our adult food relationship.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:13 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:51 am The kids kept claiming there was no food in the house. I looked in the fridge and pantry they looked full.

Kids kept bitching, so I went and really went through the fridge, freezer and pantry.

Empty boxes (or one thing left in the box.... The creepy boxes of something that got shoved in the back of the pantry and forgotten, fridge full of left overs and nothing much.. Freezer full of chicken that I don't even remember when I bought it.

Kids were right.... I NEED to go get groceries... LOL after the major clean out there really isn't much to eat. OOPS
I hope they helped with the clean-out.
They were at their dad's house. They are going shopping with me tonight and bringing in everything and putting it away!!
Anonymous 5

Unread post

You are a nicer mom than I am. I would not have made a special trip to re-stock the freezer.

If because my kids left empty boxes in the freezer I was under the impression that we had more food than what we actually had, I'd be telling them, "It's a shame you did that. Because you did, we have less food than I thought we had. You're going to have to make do until I shop this week."
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Good for you! :)
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:42 pm
AllofFive19 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:13 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:51 am The kids kept claiming there was no food in the house. I looked in the fridge and pantry they looked full.

Kids kept bitching, so I went and really went through the fridge, freezer and pantry.

Empty boxes (or one thing left in the box.... The creepy boxes of something that got shoved in the back of the pantry and forgotten, fridge full of left overs and nothing much.. Freezer full of chicken that I don't even remember when I bought it.

Kids were right.... I NEED to go get groceries... LOL after the major clean out there really isn't much to eat. OOPS
I hope they helped with the clean-out.
They were at their dad's house. They are going shopping with me tonight and bringing in everything and putting it away!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic