Hey Taco Bell!

CMrefugee
Donated
Donated
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Oh! I just placed an order for us to be picked up soon and I got a chicken power bowl. I've never had one before but it looks yummy.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Attachments
anigif_enhanced-30917-1429134906-2.gif
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thanks for sharing!
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I like those a lot. I usually skip the rice, too many carbs screws with my blood sugar.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They look good. Because you are trying to cut calories, I'd ditch the sour cream and cheese. Have you considered making your own power bowls at home? It's fun! And by doing it yourself, you can control what does and does not go into them. They are a very satisfying and fun meal! The kids will like them, too!
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've never tried a power bowl. I usually get their shredded chicken burrito.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Roasted Cauliflower Power Bowl

Ingredients
head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
3 tablespoons sriracha
1 tablespoon butter (vegan or regular)
3 tablespoons coconut milk

1 cup quinoa, dry (I used RED)
2 cups water
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup kale, steamed or sautéed (I steamed)
1 (14.5 oz) can chickpeas, heated & then drained
1 avocado, diced

Directions
for the cauliflower
Step 1
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Chop one head of cauliflower into florets and drizzle with one tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly over a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, tossing once or twice throughout.

for the quinoa and the kale
Step 2
In the meantime, cook your quinoa. Boil 2 cups of water with 1 cup of dry quinoa, then turn down to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all the water is gone and the quinoa is fluffy. You can also steam or sauté your kale a this time.

for the sauce (I highly recommend that you add a VERY LITTLE AT A TIME to your bowl! It's HOT! If you don't like spicy things, you could omit this sauce entirely and just use a small amount of curry sauce!)
Step 3
In a small sauce pan, whisk together Frank's Red Hot, sriracha, butter, and coconut milk over medium heat. Once the butter is melted and the sauce is hot, turn off heat and set aside (to be added to your bowl only if you like spicy!)

bringing the cauliflower & onion together
Step 4
In a large skillet, drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and add in diced yellow onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add in roasted cauliflower and toss.

for the bowls
Step 5
Time to assemble your bowls! Start with a big scoop of quinoa, then a handful of chickpeas and kale. Add in a large helping of cauliflower/onion and some diced avocado. Add some spicy (or your choice) sauce to taste. Dig in!
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I haven't eaten at Taco Bell in around a decade. Those do look good though.
Locked Previous topicNext topic