I took his shorts for 1 week

Anonymous 1

My son has lots of shorts.

But he wears the same pair every single day. They are clean because I wash and dry laundry every evening after he goes to bed.

So I took them.

I'm sorry but I did not just buy 10 new pair of shorts this year only for him to wear exactly 1 pair. They don't match every shirt he has either so he looks ridiculous half the time trying to pair those shorts with a mismatched shirt. And I am not taking a ridiculous looking kid with me out in public. If he was 2 sure, you expect that out of a 2 year old who can't match, but he is well old enough to know what matches and what doesn't. He doesn't care.

I am not having every other pair of shorts I bought go to waste because he is too lazy to wear them. He said jean shorts are more "work" to put on vs basketball shorts so that's why he wears the same pair since he only has one pair of basketball shorts. He is not SN or has any issues whatsoever, he is just lazy and can't take the extra minimal effort to pull on jean shorts vs basketball shorts.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

How old is he?
Anonymous 1

Linda_Runs wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:17 am How old is he?
12. And every pair of shorts fits him so that's not the issue. Like I said I literally just bought these shorts maybe 3 weeks ago and bought them a little big. He's currently wearing jean shorts that fit just fine.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

So return the other 9 and replace them with the ones he likes in neutral colors. Between black and tan, that will go with anything.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:21 am
12. And every pair of shorts fits him so that's not the issue. Like I said I literally just bought these shorts maybe 3 weeks ago and bought them a little big. He's currently wearing jean shorts that fit just fine.
Sounds like a 12 year old thing. Been there recently but with my daughter.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Pick your battles, as 12 year olds go this one is a no brainer. They're his favorite, let him wear them or buy multiples of them.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:21 am
I've had to do that with my 11 year old. My son is super lazy with tying his shoes. It bothers me. A lot.
Anonymous 2

I don't buy clothes for my almost 12 year old son unless he tries them on and likes them. Keeps this from happening.
Anonymous 3

Did he pick out the jean shorts, or did you?

Personally, I'd probably just buy him a few more pairs in the style that he likes.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

stilltfez wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:35 am Pick your battles, as 12 year olds go this one is a no brainer. They're his favorite, let him wear them or buy multiples of them.
This. I used to tell ods when he wore stripes with checkers 'your business not mine. ' He dresses better now. The younger one will if it's a special occasion. He just tends to believe if he can sort of get pants on they fit even if they're unbuttoned.
Locked Previous topicNext topic