What would you do?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I got a letter from my states department of management and budget fiance and also missed a certified letter from the same place. The letter is addressed to me but in the letter where they put the persons name it's a similar name and kind of completely different at the same time but not mine. The letter is also about a foreclosure on a house because of taxes not being paid I rent and don't own any property nor am I behind on any bills. Should I call them Monday and let them know or should I just leave it alone. They are only open the hours I work so I'm going to have to call on my lunch break and hope it doesn't take longer than 30 mins. This is very annoying.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

They probably put the letter in the wrong envelope on purpose. This way the homeowner dont respond because they didnt receive it and the city can move forward with the foreclosure.
I would try to find the homeowner and forward the letter to them
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd probably send the letter back stating wrong name and address on the letter
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I would try to find the real homeowner. I would find that address that's listed in the letter and take it to them personally.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:10 pm I would try to find the real homeowner. I would find that address that's listed in the letter and take it to them personally.
The address in the letter is 3 hours away. I looked the name on fb and have messaged the person though and I'm waiting to hear back.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:59 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:10 pm I would try to find the real homeowner. I would find that address that's listed in the letter and take it to them personally.
The address in the letter is 3 hours away. I looked the name on fb and have messaged the person though and I'm waiting to hear back.
On Facebook, a lot of messages go to filtered messages if you aren’t friends. I would look for a public post on their page and comment that you messaged them. Beyond that, I would likely send the letter back and let them know that it’s the wrong person. I’m down the road from the courthouse so I would probably do it in person, but it may not be that convenient for you.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Locked Previous topicNext topic