She demanded to see the registration for my service dog

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:22 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:51 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:04 pm All the people advocating for ID cards for service animals are most likely not the ones who would have to deal with proving their disability to every person that interrupts their dinner at a restaurant or shopping trip just to be a jackass. Support animals are not allowed in public places that don't allow dogs normally. Only service animals. Service animals have to follow specific behavioral rules or they can be told to leave. It is extremely rude to tell someone they have to prove their need for their medical equipment to you. A service dog is medical equipment.
If people with legit service dogs had an ID with both pictures on it, thats all the proof they would need and they only have to show it to the owner or manager of the business. Its not rude to ask for proof when you have all the assholes bringing in their F***ing lapdogs, cats, squirrels and lizards into a business claiming they are service aninals when they are actually stupid support pets.
If someone is truly disabled and needs a service dog then they shouldnt have any problem showing an ID with their pic and disability listed. Only faking asshole would take issue with that
Do you need proof that you need a wheelchair? There is no reason that someone should have to prove that their service dog is needed as long as the dog is being used properly, which the law supports.
In a perfect world but we dont live in a perfect world. The liars and entitled jerks bringing their lap dogs into businesses are ruining things for disabled people.
But you are going to keep repeating yourself, god forbid you even try to look at a situation from another point of view. You seem to think you know everything at such a typical young and dumb know-it-all age Lena
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:53 pm

If people with legit service dogs had an ID with both pictures on it, thats all the proof they would need and they only have to show it to the owner or manager of the business. Its not rude to ask for proof when you have all the assholes bringing in their F***ing lapdogs, cats, squirrels and lizards into a business claiming they are service aninals when they are actually stupid support pets.
If someone is truly disabled and needs a service dog then they shouldnt have any problem showing an ID with their pic and disability listed. Only faking asshole would take issue with that
Do you need proof that you need a wheelchair? There is no reason that someone should have to prove that their service dog is needed as long as the dog is being used properly, which the law supports.
In a perfect world but we dont live in a perfect world. The liars and entitled jerks bringing their lap dogs into businesses are ruining things for disabled people.
But you are going to keep repeating yourself, god forbid you even try to look at a situation from another point of view. You seem to think you know everything at such a typical young and dumb know-it-all age Lena
Because I don't agree with you, I must be closed minded and dumb... but I'm the know it all... so typical, you are getting nowhere because you lack actual reasons so you just try to personally insult me. Once again, since no matter how many times its repeated you don't grasp it, service dogs have to fit specific behavioral regulations, otherwise they can be told to leave, so it would be very difficult for someone to bring in their I'll behaved lapdog whose causing problems and call them a service dog. That isn't ruining anything for people who have disabilities.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

You do not need proof to use a wheel chair but you do need proof to use a handicapped spot. What’s the difference if you would need a card to have a service animal?
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:04 pm All the people advocating for ID cards for service animals are most likely not the ones who would have to deal with proving their disability to every person that interrupts their dinner at a restaurant or shopping trip just to be a jackass. Support animals are not allowed in public places that don't allow dogs normally. Only service animals. Service animals have to follow specific behavioral rules or they can be told to leave. It is extremely rude to tell someone they have to prove their need for their medical equipment to you. A service dog is medical equipment.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 am

Because I don't agree with you, I must be closed minded and dumb... but I'm the know it all... so typical, you are getting nowhere because you lack actual reasons so you just try to personally insult me. Once again, since no matter how many times its repeated you don't grasp it, service dogs have to fit specific behavioral regulations, otherwise they can be told to leave, so it would be very difficult for someone to bring in their I'll behaved lapdog whose causing problems and call them a service dog. That isn't ruining anything for people who have disabilities.
Sorry but you are wrong. Please stop you are making service dogs and their owners look bad with your ignorance.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

That isn't true. You can buy a service animal vest off of amazon slap it on the dog, and boom! He's supposedly a service animal.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Random people should not be hassling you about your animal.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:07 am You do not need proof to use a wheel chair but you do need proof to use a handicapped spot. What’s the difference if you would need a card to have a service animal?

There are only a certain number of handicap spots so if someone abused it that would be taking something away from someone else. Having medical equipment doesn't take something away from others.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:21 am

That isn't true. You can buy a service animal vest off of amazon slap it on the dog, and boom! He's supposedly a service animal.
Do some research. Service dogs need to meet specific behavioral requirements or they can be told to leave.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 am

Sorry but you are wrong. Please stop you are making service dogs and their owners look bad with your ignorance.
Having a different opinion and not wanting my uncle to be harassed by everyone who decides his disability is their business does not make me wrong. Nothing I am saying makes service animals look bad.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:31 pm There are many people who have a legitimate need for a service dog or for an emotional support animal. The problem is that there are now many ways for any Tom, Dick, or Harry to register their animal and call it what they may. It is THOSE people that are making it difficult for those that truly do need their animals.

I've been saying for a while that we need to develop a law that is UNIFORM among all the states. Until we do that, businesses don't know what they can and can not do. And until businesses fully understand the law, every Tom, Dick, and Harry is going to be bringing their freakin' hamster with them everywhere they go!

Legitimate service animals? YES.
Fly-by-night "I just love my Chihuahua" animals? NO.
I love your reply!

Emotional support hamster 🤣🤣🤣
Locked Previous topicNext topic