Would this still be considered homeschooling?

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know parents in our school district that do this, I have considered doing with my DS, so he can see his tutors during school hours.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

if you teach a student at home you are homeschooling.
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Never heard of it here.....
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Yeah, it is.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The public school in one of the areas I lived in offered to give some classes as I homeschooled. Yes she is homeschooling and also has her child taking some classes. I don’t know why anyone would say she isn’t homeschooling just because a few of the classes are done elsewhere. If someone homeschools and hires a tutor for certain classes or does a co-op they are still very much homeschooling.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No. But IMHO, it’s someone who takes advantage of the system. A bit hypocritical, if you ask me.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:43 pm No. But IMHO, it’s someone who takes advantage of the system. A bit hypocritical, if you ask me.
How’s it hypocritical? Lol
If they pay taxes their money goes to public schools just the same as anyone else in their area.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Our state law allows homeschooling families to access sports, activities, and classes through the public school They are still homeschooling parents and have to turn in an intent to homeschool and are responsible for testing and curriculum. We also have hybrid ALE programs (I work for one and my kids attended the school I work at) where the kids spend one-two days at school in a classroom and then the curriculum is provided for studies at home. Core subjects are at home and project-based learning and enrichment are at school.
So yes, I would consider the parents who are just accessing certain things at school homeschooling parents.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:43 pm No. But IMHO, it’s someone who takes advantage of the system. A bit hypocritical, if you ask me.
How is it taking advantage of the system? Those families pay taxes for public school but don't access all of the services. The schools also benefit as they are getting funding for those kids.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:59 pm I learned something new today.
I've never heard of this before.
I like the idea though.
This.
Locked Previous topicNext topic