Was I in the wrong here?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Over the weekend a neighbor invited me to a concert. She had won the tickets and her husband got sick. She asked a few people who couldn’t go but I was available. I offered to drive. I also bought us a quick dinner. I paid for parking at the arena. No biggie.

Today I found out she is pissed because I didn’t buy her drinks that night. She had two yard size margaritas that were $20 each. I feel buying dinner and paying $20 parking was sufficient for tickets she won. Not to mention seats weren’t going for all that much anyway.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, not in the wrong.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

No. She WON the tickets.
You paid for everything else except her drinks.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lesson learned - don't accept anything from her unless you both agree you will pay for it outright. Nothing else will make her feel compensated.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You were generous already in driving, paying for parking and buying dinner. GEEZ what the hell more does she want?
CMrefugee
Donated
Donated
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

SHE invited YOU. You drove, you bought dinner and paid for parking. You went above and beyond. Idk what her problem is but oh well. 🤷‍♀️ You did nothing wrong.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CMrefugee wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:54 pm SHE invited YOU. You drove, you bought dinner and paid for parking. You went above and beyond. Idk what her problem is but oh well. 🤷‍♀️ You did nothing wrong.
This. Damn what the hell else did she want?!? Everything else was already paid for. What an entitled bitch!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:08 pm
CMrefugee wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:54 pm SHE invited YOU. You drove, you bought dinner and paid for parking. You went above and beyond. Idk what her problem is but oh well. 🤷‍♀️ You did nothing wrong.
This. Damn what the hell else did she want?!? Everything else was already paid for. What an entitled bitch!
IDK. What really upset me was she was running around to the neighbors saying that I didn’t thank her, didn’t pay for even a drink, and didn’t speak. I thanked her like ten times, as I said I bought food and paid for parking, and we talked all the way to the arena and back. Not so much in the arena because it was loud.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Who was the act? And no, obviously you are not wrong.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Let's see if I have this straight, a friend won FREE concert tickets and invited you to go since her husband got sick. In appreciation and friendship, you not only drive, bought dinner AND paid for parking and the bitch is complaining that you also didn't fork over $40 for her two honking sized margaritas? Your host is a F***ing bitch and a big fat whining baby. Your friend is the only one in the wrong here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic