Sanders gets tough reception at minority women's event, signaling challenges ahead

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:01 pm oh okay, i guess “elitist” isn’t an attack on personal character🙄
water<wine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:23 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:18 pm is it still obnoxious when you’re the one doing it
like you are right here in this post?
I don't undermine people's intelligence or education level to discredit them. undermining their source (evidence) is not the same thing, that's what you're supposed to do when its a legit weakness in their argument.

I am sure I have committed logical fallacies, everyone does. But for some reason the left tends to have a very elitist attitude when it comes to "education" and its gross.
I said having an elitist attitude with education is obnoxious. of course I am guilty of ad hominems, we all are. I am probably guilty of all sorts of "logical fallacies" but I am not going around with a red pen telling people they can't express an OPINION because its a logical fallacy. I pointed out that they were doing it too!

Me using the term "elitist" wasn't used as to undermine them personally but the argument. the argument itself IS elitist by definition. The belief that college educated people hold superior ideas for the formation of society and are more credible as citizens is elitist by definition.

this is not a formal debate platform. We express opinions, we aren't held to university level standards.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Anonadon wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:16 pm Sure am. I think she’s a moron. Feel free to report me. How’s that for a personal opinion?

Interesting that you feel you know me well enough to comment on what my usual actions are. I don’t know anything about you.
morgan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:03 pm Are you personally attacking an individual now? Is that how you debate? I mean, besides your usual MO of copying and pasting with no actual personal opinion.
Anonadon wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:48 pm I’m not a liberal, moron.

She admitted she’s uneducated about the topic.

you *think* I am a moron and Bunny *thinks* Biden is a bigger F***ing pervert behind closed doors. so either both of you committed logical fallacies or neither did. You're a hypocrite either way, Oh and still ELITIST, regardless if you "voted republican your whole life".
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm not blind. I'm here. I read posts. And I see that the majority of your "opinions" are direct copy and pastes from other people. If that's how you are, then so be it. Ironically the one you are calling moron is actually able to come to her own conclusions so who the "moron" really is, is questionable.
I don't typically report something as silly as "moron", but I promise you the next time I see you plagiarize, I WILL report you.
Anonadon wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:16 pm Sure am. I think she’s a moron. Feel free to report me. How’s that for a personal opinion?

Interesting that you feel you know me well enough to comment on what my usual actions are. I don’t know anything about you.
morgan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:03 pm Are you personally attacking an individual now? Is that how you debate? I mean, besides your usual MO of copying and pasting with no actual personal opinion.
Anonadon wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:48 pm I’m not a liberal, moron.

She admitted she’s uneducated about the topic.

KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:28 pm

you *think* I am a moron and Bunny *thinks* Biden is bigger F***ing pervert behind closed doors. so either both of you committed logical fallacies or neither did. You're a hypocrite either way, Oh and still ELITIST, regardless if you "voted republican your whole life".
I'm sure she pulled that off of a facebook comment as well.
I'm willing to bet she's never even voted in an American election.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Anonadon wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:18 pm I’ve voted predominantly republican my entire life.

You didn’t choose your words carefully. You were implying I’m an elitist liberal and we all know it. Backpedaling is unbecoming.
water<wine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:12 pm

sure, shes not liberal. bet shes not pro choice or pro illegal immigrant, bet she will claim shes "fiscally conservative" . Very ironic she attacks someone for logical fallacies and commits them herself over and over again.

also note I said, ELITIST liberals TEND to do that. Never said conservatives don't or that she was a conservative or that all liberals do or that elitist liberals always do it. I choose my words carefully with this lot.
yes yes, I am sure you WERE just as republican as libby was.

Deleted User 1074

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:30 pm

you *think* I am a moron and Bunny *thinks* Biden is bigger F***ing pervert behind closed doors. so either both of you committed logical fallacies or neither did. You're a hypocrite either way, Oh and still ELITIST, regardless if you "voted republican your whole life".
I'm sure she pulled that off of a facebook comment as well.
I'm willing to bet she's never even voted in an American election.
wait a hot minute, she voted "predominately" republican her entire life, I voted for Obama his 1st term therefore I have been at least 1/2 democrat my entire life! what we are today, doesn't matter lol. forgetting we can "identify" as anything we want nowadays, doesn't matter if it matches reality.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

False. I simply insulted you.

you *think* I am a moron and Bunny *thinks* Biden is a bigger F***ing pervert behind closed doors. so either both of you committed logical fallacies or neither did. You're a hypocrite either way, Oh and still ELITIST, regardless if you "voted republican your whole life".
Deleted User 969

Unread post

Please copy and paste where I’ve plagiarized multiple times.
morgan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:28 pm I'm not blind. I'm here. I read posts. And I see that the majority of your "opinions" are direct copy and pastes from other people. If that's how you are, then so be it. Ironically the one you are calling moron is actually able to come to her own conclusions so who the "moron" really is, is questionable.
I don't typically report something as silly as "moron", but I promise you the next time I see you plagiarize, I WILL report you.

Deleted User 969

Unread post

I have no idea how many times Libby has voted republican, but I know how many times I have. Unlike you. But thanks for insisting I’m a liar because you don’t have a better argument.
water<wine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:37 pm
Anonadon wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:18 pm I’ve voted predominantly republican my entire life.

You didn’t choose your words carefully. You were implying I’m an elitist liberal and we all know it. Backpedaling is unbecoming.
water<wine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:12 pm

sure, shes not liberal. bet shes not pro choice or pro illegal immigrant, bet she will claim shes "fiscally conservative" . Very ironic she attacks someone for logical fallacies and commits them herself over and over again.

also note I said, ELITIST liberals TEND to do that. Never said conservatives don't or that she was a conservative or that all liberals do or that elitist liberals always do it. I choose my words carefully with this lot.
yes yes, I am sure you WERE just as republican as libby was.

Locked Previous topicNext topic