The Abortion Debate......why can’t it ever involve common sense?

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:31 am Of course I can. There’s zero proof any god exists, be it your god or anyone else’s.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:55 am That’s another debate altogether, but for me it actually makes no sense to think that G-d doesn’t exist. For me it’s a completely illogical idea. And since neither you or I can prove that what we find logical is the truth, then you can’t say that what you think is the only thing that makes sense.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:28 am Eh, most people who are really pro life are so because of religion. And since there’s a very real chance zero gods exist, I’d say she’s correct, it’s common sense.

How do you prove his absence?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Common sense doesn't exist anymore
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I don’t care if a woman has one in her lifetime or one every month. It simply does not matter to me because it’s not my life or concern.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

There’s no such thing as proving something doesn’t exist. Logic 101.
B05BF090-880F-410C-B109-E9DE1DA1FDB2.jpeg
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:54 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:31 am Of course I can. There’s zero proof any god exists, be it your god or anyone else’s.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:55 am That’s another debate altogether, but for me it actually makes no sense to think that G-d doesn’t exist. For me it’s a completely illogical idea. And since neither you or I can prove that what we find logical is the truth, then you can’t say that what you think is the only thing that makes sense.

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Because the common sense option would encourage increasing universal sexual education (including teaching men that they are just as responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies), access to contraceptive devices of varying forms (including IUD's, the pill, and condoms/spermicides readily available, and preventative medicines, as well as allowing women complete autonomy over their own bodies rather than being treated as property of lawmakers and men.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:36 am There’s no such thing as proving something doesn’t exist. Logic 101. B05BF090-880F-410C-B109-E9DE1DA1FDB2.jpeg

We believe in Him just as you believe that your husband/parents/children/dog loves you. There is no physical manifestation, nothing you can see and touch, nothing to show and you have no way to prove it to an outsider.

Why do you believe that people love you where there is zero proof?

Faith 101
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:05 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:36 am There’s no such thing as proving something doesn’t exist. Logic 101. B05BF090-880F-410C-B109-E9DE1DA1FDB2.jpeg

We believe in Him just as you believe that your husband/parents/children/dog loves you. There is no physical manifestation, nothing you can see and touch, nothing to show and you have no way to prove it to an outsider.

Why do you believe that people love you where there is zero proof?

Faith 101
There are generally physical manifestations of affection providing proof of someone's love. Faith is not needed in that case because you know from the other person's actions how he or she feels about you.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Common sense would be minding your own business and only worrying about your own uterus.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Common sense would be keeping religion out of it.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:11 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:22 pm I respect life, so I’m actually “pro-life” in the most gentle sense of its meaning. I support choice in the first trimester because that is what’s best for society. After that, you should need a medical reason to abort. It’s probably best to leave “medical reason” to doctors......
drs don't know everything....they are not the end of all means to any ill health....how many times did drs tell mothers their babies were deformed, etc, etc, to go on to have a healthy child with no issues?
I guarantee they were right more times than they were wrong................They told my friend her DD was doomed and well she is. Her second DD with that disease died before she turned a year old and her first DD with that disease is in a wheelchair for life and has the mentality of a 2 year old and will always be that way for life. Can't feed herself or potty by herself or really learn.

They told her both times and she had the babies anyway. Which is HER choice and I respect that-but the doctors were not wrong either.

I think its up to the mother to want a child with issues or not. But if the doctors give her the okay to abort even later in the pregnancy -that should be respected and not be made illegal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic