Houston High School has dress code for parents

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:21 pm I think that is a positive thing. Somehow we got away from appropriate attire in public and it is setting a horrible example and precedent for our future leaders and work force employees.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:37 pm They could go to court , contest this and win based on it being unconstitutional.

School is a legal requirement, since they are trying to dictate a parent's wardrobe or deny the child the right to an education. This won't hold up if they sue.
Agree. Children have the right to an education and any attire on the part of the parents should not be used to block this. I don't know why the parent is dressing a particular way, what their resources or situation is, nor do I think we need to police people unless they are breaking actual existing laws on nudity.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She could pack a bag with a change of clothes. Even if she’s not going to the school, come on. Change into decent clothing before heading out in public.
And BS that she doesn’t have a place to change. I doubt that if she politely asks to use the bathroom to change in any client’s home that she will be denied. That’s just an excuse to be sloppy and lazy.
highlandmum wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:40 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:21 pm I think that is a positive thing. Somehow we got away from appropriate attire in public and it is setting a horrible example and precedent for our future leaders and work force employees.
But what about people like my friend (personal trainer in home) whose work attire is leggings and a t-shirt with running shoes. She has no where to change during the day as she visit clients, if her son gets sick she would need to go home and change prior to picking him up.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Crazymom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’m really not sure why this is an issue... it’s not hard to get up and get dressed in the morning, if you are actually going into the school you should be dressed appropriately if you’re just dropping off your kid no one would see what you’re wearing anyway. I mean I drop off my kid in work our clothes because I go exercise after but if I’m going into the school for awards or something I throw some jeans on. Also I don’t know why someone would want to look like they are ready to hit the club when attending a school event or picking up their kid. It’s really not hard to dress appropriately for the situation.
Also I’m sure in an emergency situation like you have to go pick up a sick kid they are not going to deny you access because you’re wearing work out clothes because they called you at the gym.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But I didn't read anything about them denying the STUDENT access.
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:17 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:37 pm They could go to court , contest this and win based on it being unconstitutional.

School is a legal requirement, since they are trying to dictate a parent's wardrobe or deny the child the right to an education. This won't hold up if they sue.
Agree. Children have the right to an education and any attire on the part of the parents should not be used to block this. I don't know why the parent is dressing a particular way, what their resources or situation is, nor do I think we need to police people unless they are breaking actual existing laws on nudity.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The outrage of not being able to wear curlers in your hair! 🤣🤣

Sad that adults have to be told to not dress like a bum. And these people are raising children?
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:54 pm
But what about people like my friend (personal trainer in home) whose work attire is leggings and a t-shirt with running shoes. She has no where to change during the day as she visit clients, if her son gets sick she would need to go home and change prior to picking him up.
I am sure she could throw on an appropriate longer sweater or top. What they don't want is a crop top and leggings. I am sure with a tunic and riding boots where it is a work appropriate outfit nothing would ever be said. Leggings truly aren't an issue but it is what they are paired with that could make it inappropriate.
I agree. Maybe this is just semantics but when I read “leggings” in the context of the tone of the dress code, I don’t get the impression that even someone showing up in tight but relatively modest workout wear (as in, not a sports bra and spandex shorts, but workout/yoga pants and a T-shirt/looser tank top or sweater) is the issue they’re targeting here.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Most people who work with people in their homes don’t tend to ask/use client’s bathrooms. I know people who work in client homes in several different contexts, and at least of the ones who the subject has come up with, across the board they all consider it invasive & unprofessional.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:18 pm She could pack a bag with a change of clothes. Even if she’s not going to the school, come on. Change into decent clothing before heading out in public.
And BS that she doesn’t have a place to change. I doubt that if she politely asks to use the bathroom to change in any client’s home that she will be denied. That’s just an excuse to be sloppy and lazy.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:18 pm She could pack a bag with a change of clothes. Even if she’s not going to the school, come on. Change into decent clothing before heading out in public.
It is not just in a clients home. We have done a workout in a public park with no bathrooms (well unless you count the school close by), also for her this is professional attire. I do not want a personal trainer walking in wearing dress pants, and heels - I am going to be asking how in the world she is going to run the workout. What happens if a mother gets a call from the school and say she is in the process of cleaning her house with rollers in. So instead of now just grabbing her keys and running out the door she has do her hair while her child waits longer for a parent to come. I am not sure what your hair is like but I have the ability to just throw my hair up into a pony tail and run out the door, however others do not have the ability to do this.

It is also the premise of it, they are saying that want parents to look professional, what happens if they start adding other items? Like say they say no dirty jean or clothing, so now the person that works road crew that finishes and goes straight to his daughters/sons basketball game could be asked to leave because they do not like what he is wearing? See how this becomes a slippery slope, and a elitist attitude.
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

As I don't agree with people wearing revealing clothes at a school I don't see how a school can do this.

Any parent that thinks is ok for them or their kids to wear slutty clothes is sad.
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
Locked Previous topicNext topic