Houston High School has dress code for parents

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/24/us/houst ... index.html
At one high school in Texas, parents can't just roll out of bed in the morning to drop off their kids anymore.
James Madison High School in Houston has implemented a dress code targeted toward parents that has riled some people up.
This is completely out of control. Not only do they dictate what a child can wear but now they are getting on the parents. My friend is a in home personal trainer, she is constantly in leggings and such as per her job. So she would have to go home and change if she needed to pick up her child.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The few ruin it for the many. When my middle child was in elementary school, there were many women who would show up during assemblies, lunch with the kids, pick ups and be very inappropriately dressed. I don't care about pj's - for me, it's the wearing revealing or inappropriate clothing.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think that is a positive thing. Somehow we got away from appropriate attire in public and it is setting a horrible example and precedent for our future leaders and work force employees.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:21 pm I think that is a positive thing. Somehow we got away from appropriate attire in public and it is setting a horrible example and precedent for our future leaders and work force employees.
But what about people like my friend (personal trainer in home) whose work attire is leggings and a t-shirt with running shoes. She has no where to change during the day as she visit clients, if her son gets sick she would need to go home and change prior to picking him up.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:40 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:21 pm I think that is a positive thing. Somehow we got away from appropriate attire in public and it is setting a horrible example and precedent for our future leaders and work force employees.
But what about people like my friend (personal trainer in home) whose work attire is leggings and a t-shirt with running shoes. She has no where to change during the day as she visit clients, if her son gets sick she would need to go home and change prior to picking him up.
I am sure she could throw on an appropriate longer sweater or top. What they don't want is a crop top and leggings. I am sure with a tunic and riding boots where it is a work appropriate outfit nothing would ever be said. Leggings truly aren't an issue but it is what they are paired with that could make it inappropriate.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It makes me glad I homeschool. LOL There were plenty of times when the girls were in private school that I would help them carry in something while dressed in my workout gear since I was headed next door to the gym. Thankfully, the headmaster/admins/teachers knew that I was going next door and didn't worry about it.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

. I’d like to know how they plan to reenforce this.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd show up in full renaissance dress so help me God. It's one thing if you're attending a function. But if my butt isn't getting out of my car then my hair might be a mess and I could be in sweats. After I drop off ds I'm going to walk a park for exercise so by God get over it.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's more than a little pathetic that an adult should ever have to be told not to wear inappropriate clothing anyway, let alone to the school their child attends. It sounds like this happened way too many times and the school got sick of it. I can only imagine the absolute messes they saw and I highly doubt leggings or sweats were why this dress code was written, not that it will be followed.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They could go to court , contest this and win based on it being unconstitutional.

School is a legal requirement, since they are trying to dictate a parent's wardrobe or deny the child the right to an education. This won't hold up if they sue.
Locked Previous topicNext topic