Wish me luck-I will need it. Have to go to PTA meeting at the yuppie school

Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Learned a lot about my own prejudices just now. I'm reading your post thinking "Please...the PTA moms are there to serve the good of the school and the kids...they can't all be so bad. Maybe you just have to try a little." And then I got to "dance moms" and I was like "Oh no! Can't stand dance moms!!"
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:27 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 pm There was this uptight snobby woman that would help out in DS's class like I would when he was in elementary. She looked her nose down at everyone, like she was better than everyone else . She was always bragging about how big her house was...etc etc
One day she asked if DS could come over to her house to hang out with her son.
I drove to her house, which turned out to be a small apartment in the worst area of town. Im talking about drug dealers on the corner, drunks stumbling out of the deli and plopping down on their cardboard box/house, people hanging out on their steps drinking beer, arguing and blasting music,.....lol
Im not afraid of anyone or anything but this area made me very uncomfortable.....no way in hell was I going to let ds stay here for a few hours.
We went to the apartment and it made that show about hoarders look like childs play, smdh
I straight up told her that I was not going to let my son stay in her apartment or in this area but I could take her and her son with us to the park and to get pizza.
She let her son come with us that day for a few hours.
The next time I saw her at the school was a few weeks later, she asked me not to say anything to anyone about where she lived.......lol
I told her that I had no intention of telling anyone anything unless she turned into snobby bragging bitch mom again, lol

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:34 am

bwahaha I kinda love this.
That'sa sad story Sassy. It was very nice how you handled it.
I'm pretty sure she is the same person who told me that I in the slums, that my kids must know how to drop every time they hear a loud noise because the must be so used to gun shots, and that she would never bring her kids around my house, because I used to live in Brooklyn. That the entirety of Brooklyn is the ghetto. So I don't know if I trust her assessment of areas.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 am
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 pm There was this uptight snobby woman that would help out in DS's class like I would when he was in elementary. She looked her nose down at everyone, like she was better than everyone else . She was always bragging about how big her house was...etc etc
I drove to her house, which turned out to be a small apartment in the worst area of town. Im talking about drug dealers on the corner, drunks stumbling out of the deli and plopping down on their cardboard box/house, people hanging out on their steps drinking beer, arguing and blasting music,.....lol
Im not afraid of anyone or anything but this area made me very uncomfortable.....no way in hell was I going to let ds stay here for a few hours.
We went to the apartment and it made that show about hoarders look like childs play, smdh
I straight up told her that I was not going to let my son stay in her apartment or in this area but I could take her and her son with us to the park and to get pizza.
The next time I saw her at the school was a few weeks later, she asked me not to say anything to anyone about where she lived.......lol
I told her that I had no intention of telling anyone anything unless she turned into snobby bragging bitch mom again, lol

I'm pretty sure she is the same person who told me that I in the slums, that my kids must know how to drop every time they hear a loud noise because the must be so used to gun shots, and that she would never bring her kids around my house, because I used to live in Brooklyn. That the entirety of Brooklyn is the ghetto. So I don't know if I trust her assessment of areas.

I made a comment equally as bad as yours to you and deleted it. It was about a post you made and was as irrelevant to this topic as the one you made. Let's all try to be adults and not use someone else's post to take jabs at each other.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 am

She had some pretty detailed descriptions of what the scenery was like when she got there, and being from Chicago that gave me a pretty clear picture. Probably the same assessment of the area that I would make if that's what I'd observed. :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So what happened?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mandatory volunteering? The school isn’t really aware of what VOLUNTEER actually means is it?
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Red, it's not just one that Hates you, many many just dont like you.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:49 pm Learned a lot about my own prejudices just now. I'm reading your post thinking "Please...the PTA moms are there to serve the good of the school and the kids...they can't all be so bad. Maybe you just have to try a little." And then I got to "dance moms" and I was like "Oh no! Can't stand dance moms!!"
bwhahaha! You love me though. ;)
RedBottoms

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:54 am So what happened?
I posted an update above. Really snobby mom did not show up but I heard she is taking this event over next year. The other moms were fine. But some of them definitely are the types that just hang out at the school 24/7 which is just so dumb to me.

I signed up to do a lot so I should get some good "volunteer" hours in
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:28 am
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:54 am So what happened?
I posted an update above. Really snobby mom did not show up but I heard she is taking this event over next year. The other moms were fine. But some of them definitely are the types that just hang out at the school 24/7 which is just so dumb to me.

I signed up to do a lot so I should get some good "volunteer" hours in
Get it in before she takes over!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Locked Previous topicNext topic