Store credit card for bad credit

Anonymous 1

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:02 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 pm Most wont deal with anyone below 580 but walmart has accepted 550. She needs to build it up to over 600

I just had a thought, I may add her as an authorized user on my credit card for a few months and just not tell her. Maybe that will help her score improve to at least 550. Right now she has no credit usage for the past few years and bad credit history for the couple of years before that.
That’s probably your best bet. Not all of them report on authorized user’s credit, but many do. You really don’t want her to apply places and get turned down because her score will probably end up even lower.
If you have a Lowe’s card, they definitely report on the authorized user’s credit.

I don't have a Lowes card.... the one I was thinking of adding her to would be my amex. I've had that one for about 12 years so it has a nice long history and I'm pretty sure they report to the credit bureaus from what I am reading. Plus they ask for the user's social. I'm going to verify that they report tomorrow. If I do it I just won't give her the card when it comes so she won't have any actual access to it. And just for long enough that she can get her own card and take it from there.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ashley furniture. My friend who I'm helping rebuild just got approved there. They have 3 different carriers that they work with.

Good luck! For unsecured Visa/MasterCard try capital one and credit one. She's gotten an increase in her line on both after 6 months.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:02 pm

I just had a thought, I may add her as an authorized user on my credit card for a few months and just not tell her. Maybe that will help her score improve to at least 550. Right now she has no credit usage for the past few years and bad credit history for the couple of years before that.
That’s probably your best bet. Not all of them report on authorized user’s credit, but many do. You really don’t want her to apply places and get turned down because her score will probably end up even lower.
If you have a Lowe’s card, they definitely report on the authorized user’s credit.

I don't have a Lowes card.... the one I was thinking of adding her to would be my amex. I've had that one for about 12 years so it has a nice long history and I'm pretty sure they report to the credit bureaus from what I am reading. Plus they ask for the user's social. I'm going to verify that they report tomorrow. If I do it I just won't give her the card when it comes so she won't have any actual access to it. And just for long enough that she can get her own card and take it from there.
That's how I rebuilt my ex husband's in short order.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:32 pm

Did there have to be any activity on the user's card? Or can I just activate it and put it in a drawer when the card comes in the mail?
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:34 pm

Did there have to be any activity on the user's card? Or can I just activate it and put it in a drawer when the card comes in the mail?
There never needs to be activity on that card since it’s all one account. You can just shred the card. And I would. Lol
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can’t think right now, what is the mail order place that finances and reports to credit? They have small items too.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:06 am

There never needs to be activity on that card since it’s all one account. You can just shred the card. And I would. Lol

Perfect!!! Thanks!
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:12 am

Perfect!!! Thanks!
Fingerhut! That’s the place I couldn’t think of. If she tries, she should buy something super cheap. They do payments of like $9 a month.

https://www.fingerhut.com/welcome/index
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:19 am

Perfect!!! Thanks!
Fingerhut! That’s the place I couldn’t think of. If she tries, she should buy something super cheap. They do payments of like $9 a month.

Oooh thank you! That's even easier than going to a department store.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 am
bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:19 am

Perfect!!! Thanks!

Oooh thank you! That's even easier than going to a department store.
Well, their stuff is crap and overpriced, so there’s that. She really should just buy one item and make the payments to bump up her score and then get a different card. I found this with some good info. It says even if you don’t qualify for the actual card, they have a fresh start program too.

https://wallethub.com/answers/cc/finger ... 140659158/
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Locked Previous topicNext topic