Wish me luck-I will need it. Have to go to PTA meeting at the yuppie school

RedBottoms

Unread post

I am about to go to a PTA meeting at my son's kinda snobby magnet school. I know the moms there are kinda full of themselves.

I need to get some mandatory volunteer hours and so I have to attend this meeting to sign up for something for Teacher Appreciation Week. Any hours we do in May applies to next year's 18 hours.

So I was going to get a head start on that.

But really not looking forward to PTA moms.
I know one of the moms there HATES me. She is one of the snobby dance moms I deal with regularly. She is at that school so much they have told her to "go home" before so other parents can get in their hours. lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sounds like you'll fit right in.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You don't need luck. All you need to do is ignore the mom you don't like.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 am Sounds like you'll fit right in.
you would think, but I don't usually. Not with the uppity snobby types. I fit it more with the types that stay home and watch Lindsay Lohan's beach club while their kids are in school .
Anonymous 3

Unread post

“The other moms are full of themselves”

Pot meet kettle.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 am You don't need luck. All you need to do is ignore the mom you don't like.
that's the plan! Hopefully lots of moms will show up so I can just blend into the wall paper and do my signing up for whatever I want to do to get my hours in
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 am “The other moms are full of themselves”

Pot meet kettle.
its different. They are the types that hang around the school all the time trying to brown nose and get their kid ahead. I don't feel the need to do that.
Nachobizness
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Mandatory volunteer hours? What happens if you don't do it? How old is your kid? That's wild this is even a thing.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Nachobizness wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:29 am Mandatory volunteer hours? What happens if you don't do it? How old is your kid? That's wild this is even a thing.
I know right?! Its a "magnet" school and so your choose to send your kid there and part of that is they require 18 mandatory volunteer hours for every kid you have there. Don't do them-get kicked out.

They are not too hard to get them all. I finished this year's back in september. I am going to try to get all mine done early again this year thus why I want to start right away.

He is 11
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Good Luck
I would talk to her about the weather the entire time and call her my bff, lol Also smile and wink at her, every chance you get.
I would have so much fun with her ......
LMAOOOOOOOO
Locked Previous topicNext topic