My boss told me I have to come in today or I am fired

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Friday and next monday are public holidays which means I have a 4 day weekend this week. I decided to take some vacation time taking Monday-Thursday off. Well I guess my work is really short staffed and my boss was trying to "revoke" my vacation time. Saying id only have to work a day before the weekend and bs

Last night she was calling me telling me I needed to come in today or else I would be fired. I actually couldnt help but laugh when she said that. I am not even in town. I couldnt come in even if I wanted to.... which I dont.

When I told her that she told me I better figure it out and get there. She cant actually fire me for this, I know she cant. I have never even be written up so she cant just fire me on the spot. In fact I dont think she has the ability to fire anyone really.

I am going to report what she said to me to someone higher up. Threats are not okay. I am betting she just didnt want to come in herself. f**k that bitch
Anonymous 2

Unread post

let her try to fire you....then you can collect unemployment
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As long as you're not in an at will State and had vacation approved in writing I don't see how they could fire you without cause. If the place is short staffed that's on the manager and not the employees.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh well..
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:53 am Friday and next monday are public holidays which means I have a 4 day weekend this week. I decided to take some vacation time taking Monday-Thursday off. Well I guess my work is really short staffed and my boss was trying to "revoke" my vacation time. Saying id only have to work a day before the weekend and bs

Last night she was calling me telling me I needed to come in today or else I would be fired. I actually couldnt help but laugh when she said that. I am not even in town. I couldnt come in even if I wanted to.... which I dont.

When I told her that she told me I better figure it out and get there. She cant actually fire me for this, I know she cant. I have never even be written up so she cant just fire me on the spot. In fact I dont think she has the ability to fire anyone really.

I am going to report what she said to me to someone higher up. Threats are not okay. I am betting she just didnt want to come in herself. f**k that bitch
If you are in an at-will state, and don't have a contract stating otherwise, she can fire you at any time for any reason. Not having any write-ups is irrelevant.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Managers on power trips are always such a pain to deal with. If I'm on vacation, I'm not answering a call from work period, let alone entertain your tantrum about demanding I cut my approved vacation short.

We had an extremely short-lived manager in the pharmacy I worked at during college who tried to tell someone who took a week off for their wedding and honeymoon that they needed to come in or be fired. It didn't end well for said manager because all his threats were done via text and when he attempted to follow through and fire them, all my coworker did was forward the messages to HR with a letter from his lawyer letting them know of the impending legal action that was going to be taken. Manager instantly fired and coworker offered a pay raise to drop the lawsuit and come back.
Locked Previous topicNext topic