The dumb..it hurts.

leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

she just wanted a free soda. no more than that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Sounds like something my mother would do.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 am Sounds like something my mother would do.
Sounds like something a lot of people would do. There is no need for someone to ask for a rewards card if you hand it to them first. You need to change the sign to say "If we fail to ask or scan your rewards card."
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That must be so annoying to deal with.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Some people are just trying to get things for free. She shouldn't have handed it to you, that was her fault. She knew the manager wouldn't give her the soda, so she just let it go.

MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where Kramer wanted the $100 from the bank because the teller greeted him with 'Hi' and not "hello' like the sign stated they would? This reminds me of that.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

So just ask every single customer for their reward card before you start ringing them up (regardless if they hand it to you or not) and the store can keep all the sodas, problem solved
I agree, the DUMB does hurt
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 am Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where Kramer wanted the $100 from the bank because the teller greeted him with 'Hi' and not "hello' like the sign stated they would? This reminds me of that.
Yes! Great episode.

I love that show.

Remember George and the tip jar?
Or Jerry losing the dry cleaners ticket?
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 am
MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 am Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where Kramer wanted the $100 from the bank because the teller greeted him with 'Hi' and not "hello' like the sign stated they would? This reminds me of that.
Yes! Great episode.

I love that show.

Remember George and the tip jar?
Or Jerry losing the dry cleaners ticket?
The show is so great. And when you watch it now vs. live when it aired it is just so much better now. Little things you missed back then but catch now. One of the best.
thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Was she joking? Because sometimes, when Im feeling it, Im that annoying customer who jokes around. I would be like, "Oh hey, do I get a free soda? You didnt ask me for my card" *nudge- smile*. I know Im corny sometimes but most the time people get my humor, some just are dry literal people and it has to be explained. lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic