How would you handle this

RedBottoms

Unread post

probably my future. Since I have twins that are at different schools. All the schools in our county have the same couple of grad days and some will overlap unfortunately.

I would probably attend the one that the graduate might be winning the most awards. So if I had one grandson that was getting some awards or doing a speech-I would attend that one. If they both were getting awards or both not getting anything special-I would coin toss it and then make sure to take the other graduate out to dinner. And give them both big gifts.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:27 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:26 pm Go to neither. Send enormous gifts.

Which is probably what I'd do regardless because graduation ceremonies are boring as f**k and if you're not getting roasted, you're getting rained on.
Ill.send them 25 bucks just like I do with all the kids
that is ridiculous. You should be giving more than that unless you are just not well off.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wouldn't attend either and send a card with a gift.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I just asked my husband and he said the one I liked best. Geez that’s awful. I say the one I am not closest to, as the one I am closest too already knows I care.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:15 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:26 pm Go to neither. Send enormous gifts.

Which is probably what I'd do regardless because graduation ceremonies are boring as f**k and if you're not getting roasted, you're getting rained on.
that is ridiculous. You should be giving more than that unless you are just not well off.

I'm fine financially but there is no sense in over rewarding something that is mandatory
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:45 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:15 pm

I'm fine financially but there is no sense in over rewarding something that is mandatory
okay............but you do realize it is the year of our Lord 2019 and $25 does not even buy a nice dinner out or a movie-so you are giving them a pretty minor present.

I give $25 to my kid's friends for their birthdays every year. So its kinda crazy all you give them for graduation is $25
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Honestly it sucks you need to take them both out to lunch and openly discuss it with THEM. Not us.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:00 pm Honestly it sucks you need to take them both out to lunch and openly discuss it with THEM. Not us.
this. Its possible one grandchild doesn't care if you miss theirs and that solves that for you
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Assuming you are still married to grandpa and assuming ceremonies are at the same time then Grandpa goes to one and grandma goes to the other. Then if parties happen to be on same day you put in an appearance at both.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:07 pm 2 grandkids both graduating from high school on the same day at the same time.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Make them dance and whoever does the best jig is the one who's graduation you will attend.
Locked Previous topicNext topic